Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would expect the dealership configurator for the MY22 Taycan to be accessible by this Summer

Deliveries typically begin for the upcoming model year in December
Hey @LukeManning , heard anything about MY22 given the supply chain challenges?

Any whispers what might be different between MY21 AND MY22 for Turbo S?
Sponsored

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
Hi Luke

I've been tracking my order (Cross Turismo 4S) through the Porsche Web Site - Initially my delivery was mid August and Now is is early October

My Order "Change Freeze Point" is 15 days from now

I am not in a rush to get my car - Winter/Spring would be acceptable

However, now that I'm looking a fall delivery of a Late Model Year 2021 - I would much prefer a 2022 Model (I see that there will be upgrades, albeit likely nothing major)

Question - Can I "push" my 2021 Model Year Cross Turismo 4S allocation forward insuring a 2022 Model Year? -- Or, do I "Resign" from my allocation (i.e. give it back to dealer) and hope he can move me into a 2022 allocation? -- Would a dealer give me the next available allocation (2022) or would I have to "get to the back of the line?"

Thanks!

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
+1, same situation, same car, same timeline, same thoughts on model year

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Simply ask your dealer to defer and see what the options are. It may mean forfeiting your slot but if not in a rush then no real issue.

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
I waited this long, I have the dealer's first CT 4S 2021 Allocation.... I Want a 2022
- Wired Android Auto, PCM Upgrades, Nicer Interior Bits, Parking Upgrades, Front Axle Decoupling....

My dealer tells me my build is definitely a 2021 (Deposit for a Cross Turismo over 2 years ago, Got my allocation in March - Change Freeze Point is in 10 days and Delivery now pushed back to October) - He will be happy to "take back" my 2021 allocation and put me on list for future 2022 - but, no saying if/when that allocation would be available

Frustrated, waited SO long and really wanted the freshest offering (apparently the 2022 configurator is a couple of weeks away!!) Just would have been a nice gesture if Porsche North America offered me the option of pushing my allocation forward to a 2022 model

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Sure!

1598457527848.png

Frozen Blue Metallic vs Crayon (Chalk)

1598457544248.png

Frozen Blue Metallic vs Crayon (Chalk)

Very different colors, especially once they're on the car. Frozen Blue is almost like a Baby Blue whereas Crayon (Chalk) is closer to a Concrete kind of color...

1598457550752.png
My 4S is a Chalk. I would say the color is creamy taup. That’s the closest I can come to a description. There is a dramatic difference in bright sunlight. Under florescent lights it looks closer to a white. With sunglasses on while driving, it takes on still another hue. I’ve heard many new 911s are being clad in Chalk livery.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My 4S is a Chalk. I would say the color is creamy taup. That’s the closest I can come to a description. There is a dramatic difference in bright sunlight. Under florescent lights it looks closer to a white. With sunglasses on while driving, it takes on still another hue. I’ve heard many new 911s are being clad in Chalk livery.
the creamy color looks like coffee beige.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
What do you know about the "sudden stoppage" issue including when dealers will be able to start putting in the software fix?

Thanks

Chuck J

Reactions: KTC

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
What do you know about the "sudden stoppage" issue including when dealers will be able to start putting in the software fix?

Thanks

Chuck J
WHAT????????????

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Looks like there is a sudden stoppage recall coming out on the Taycan.

Chuck J

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Luke, couple of questions:

1) Normal for the transmission to occasionally clunk while driving? I have noticed this a few times on my RWD with ~800 miles. Deceleration, coming out of a corner when turning, once switching to sport mode at ~40mph.

2) Expanded map/map in cluster. 95% of the time the orientation defaults to 'direction travel' even when I set it to 'north up'. When I turn the car on it's set to 'direction' - maybe only after sitting for an extended time period. If I park then return to the car within a short time frame the setting is how I left it, 'north up'

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

1) Normal for the transmission to occasionally clunk while driving? I have noticed this a few times on my RWD with ~800 miles. Deceleration, coming out of a corner when turning, once switching to sport mode at ~40mph.
Clunking is normal because the Taycan uses a 2 speed transmission w/ a dog clutch. It's probably the only way for the transmission to not shred itself with the high electric motor torque.

https://www.peakresources.com.au/ne...aycans-engineering-designed-to-take-on-tesla/

2) Expanded map/map in cluster. 95% of the time the orientation defaults to 'direction travel' even when I set it to 'north up'. When I turn the car on it's set to 'direction' - maybe only after sitting for an extended time period. If I park then return to the car within a short time frame the setting is how I left it, 'north up'
Did you make the setting change in the instrument panel's nav settings or in the infotainment nav setting? They are separate from each other so try highlighting the navigation cluster in the instrument panel, then press the right scroll wheel to get the settings popup.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have noticed the transmission shift seems to feel like anything from a subtle clunk to a subtle grind, depending on the acceleration at the time. Harder acceleration seems to result in more of a crisp (clunk) feel, and softer acceleration seems to result in more of a stutter feel. Neither concerning, but the stutter is more obvious than the clunk. The obvious solution is to accelerate hard(er) whenever possible :)

J0EL

First Name
Y1ADB1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Porsche has certified mechanical engineers.
Shouldn't they also have at least one certified electrical engineer at each dealer?:facepalm:
Its an "all electric car"
Sponsored

Reactions: B61