At least our steering wheels stay on

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
As much as we complain about the pcm, the pmcc, pmc+, etc, at least our steering wheel stay on.

Can you imagine driving home a brand new car and having the steering wheel come off in your hand? Or the pano roof just taking off? Yikes.
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Likewise at least my teslas never spontaneously went to Park from Drive like my GTS does occasionally at stoplight or stop sign or middle of a 3-point uturn.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Likewise at least my teslas never spontaneously went to Park from Drive like my GTS does occasionally at stoplight or stop sign or middle of a 3-point uturn.
You use Park in the middle of a 3-point turn? How?

Anecdotal evidence aside, steering and stopping are the two system that should never fail; any other failure can arguably be mitigated with the former.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag

Anecdotal evidence aside, steering and stopping are the two system that should never fail; any other failure can arguably be mitigated with the former.
I did not “use” it. The car shifted into Park itself while I am in Drive.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I did not “use” it. The car shifted into Park itself while I am in Drive.
Ah, please excuse my poor reading comprehension, it was indeed “to Park from Drive”. That’s hardly comparable with the steering wheel coming off?

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
holy crap. im sure its just a freak defect instead of some widespread tesla flaw. a Tesla owner would just clap back "at least i have a working heater" and Taycan owners would be silent.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
holy crap. im sure its just a freak defect instead of some widespread tesla flaw. a Tesla owner would just clap back "at least i have a working heater" and Taycan owners would be silent.
It probably is; the point isn’t how widespread this defect is, but rather how something so essential escaped QC, pre-delivery inspection and so on. A secondary point is false analogies by thin-skinned forum members. 🤷🏻‍♂️

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
It probably is; the point isn’t how widespread this defect is, but rather how something so essential escaped QC, pre-delivery inspection and so on. A secondary point is false analogies by thin-skinned forum members. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh its no secret Tesla has no QC lol.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag

This happened in traffic light traffic to me…a 2022 Taycan Base. It was unnerving. That said, I cited several similar incidents and they parked my car for about two weeks…made an adjustment(s) and it has never happened again. When I mentioned the NTSB complaints, they took notice immediately.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...rk-spontaneously-deja-vu-all-over-again.8088/
Sponsored

Last edited: