Audi e-tron GT Sportback/Avant (Allroad)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do like Audi wagons, they always look super sharp. I very much prefer the RS6 looks over the Panamera Turismo.

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
ooooooo the crossover of the century! I'd buy that in a heartbeat lol

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I think it’s sad that VAG is going to these lengths with badge engineering. :-(

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You mean like with the Macan/Q5? Or the S3/GTi? Or maybe you mean all the way back to the original RS2?

Audi's been doing avants a lot longer than Porsche has. And that image is listed as speculative image, meaning someone photoshopped it to create an article.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just don't agree at all that VAG is badge engineering with Audi & Porsche. I think there's a clear differentiation between even cars with the same platforms. For example, other than looking vaguely related, a Q5 and Macan are just nothing alike.

I think that'll be the same case with the eTron GT. Is it similar in a lot of ways? Sure. But the Taycan is a driver's car and the GT will be more of a luxury car. Very different interiors, driving experience, etc. I actually think VAG has done a good job of having the two brands complement each other.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just don't agree at all that VAG is badge engineering with Audi & Porsche. I think there's a clear differentiation between even cars with the same platforms. For example, other than looking vaguely related, a Q5 and Macan are just nothing alike.

I think that'll be the same case with the eTron GT. Is it similar in a lot of ways? Sure. But the Taycan is a driver's car and the GT will be more of a luxury car. Very different interiors, driving experience, etc. I actually think VAG has done a good job of having the two brands complement each other.
Traditionally I think you are right but since the advent of the Urus and the new Q8 and now the Taycan and the e-Tron GT I beg to differ. There just isn't enough differentiation between the cars to warrant a different name.... in my opinion. I also think that Porsche is going away from the clear differentiation between their different models within a model range and this started with the SUV era and has now reached into all the Porsche segments and is a little too flagrant with the Taycan where you literal cannot see the difference between a base version and a Turbo S unless you use a magnifying glass......

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You mean like with the Macan/Q5? Or the S3/GTi? Or maybe you mean all the way back to the original RS2?

Audi's been doing avants a lot longer than Porsche has. And that image is listed as speculative image, meaning someone photoshopped it to create an article.
No, I think there is quite a lot of difference both in the visual and the driving experience of a GTI and the S3 and the Macan and the Q5 so they work. It became really flagrant in the Urus and the Q8 and even worse with the e-Tron GT and the Taycan. And in my opinion when you pay as much money as we have done you want there to be more differentiation between your own car and that of a sister brand which has another perceived buyer demographic and experience......

For the Avant car I completely agree that Audi was before and they should just have given this to Audi to go with. Porsche sport, Audi highway missiles.
Sponsored