Ford
Country flag

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I don’t really get why Audi is allowed to keep 1-upping their sister company that is actually the performance company.
I honestly don’t get it, happened with the Panamera vs RS7 and the RSQ8 vs Cayenne Turbo too

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I don’t really get why Audi is allowed to keep 1-upping their sister company that is actually the performance company.
I honestly don’t get it, happened with the Panamera vs RS7 and the RSQ8 vs Cayenne Turbo too
Does not bother me - it will make the Porsche team work a little smarter. And I would not consider the Dodge/NASCAR appearance of the Audi a positive attribute compared to the Taycan.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's really not how being under one parent company works. Audi & Porsche are separate entities and can (and should) be attempting to one-up each other.

Also it's not as though Porsche didn't think about adding a third motor. It increases HP, sure, but at what cost & benefit?

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
That's really not how being under one parent company works. Audi & Porsche are separate entities and can (and should) be attempting to one-up each other.

Also it's not as though Porsche didn't think about adding a third motor. It increases HP, sure, but at what cost & benefit?
I wonder if with the dual motors at the back they still power through a 2-speed transmission. It'll be interesting to see.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

I’m sure Porsche will have a triple motor setup in the future. Reason? They can then do torque vectoring across the rear axle. . . .

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Consider when the Audi E-tron GT hits the dealerships, Taycan 2.0 will be close behind.

Porsche still has the special sauce when it comes to handling, steering, and driving dynamics. I've never driven an Audi that's better than it's Porsche equivalent.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Agreed. Corporations that were too rigid about forcing hierarchy among brands and companies ultimately hurt all the companies. Think of GM and the way they forced their luxury and performance hierarchies. Eventually all of the companies got worse.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche still has the special sauce when it comes to handling, steering, and driving dynamics. I've never driven an Audi that's better than it's Porsche equivalent.
Meh, I liked both of my R8's more than any similar 911. Then the Mk2 didn't have a manual. :/

I also miss my B7 RS4, but there wont ever be another car like that again.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Meh, I liked both of my R8's more than any similar 911. Then the Mk2 didn't have a manual. :/

I also miss my B7 RS4, but there wont ever be another car like that again.
The R8 is a different beast. I was referring to the vehicles that share the same platforms and engines across Porsche and Audi.

Panamera / A7 / S7 / RS7 - RS5 using the same V6
Cayenne / Q7 / Q8
Macan / Q5
E-tron / Macan EV
Taycan / E-tron GT

OP
OP

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
The R8 is a different beast. I was referring to the vehicles that share the same platforms and engines across Porsche and Audi.

Panamera / A7 / S7 / RS7 - RS5 using the same V6
Cayenne / Q7 / Q8
Macan / Q5
E-tron / Macan EV
Taycan / E-tron GT
Nitpick: The (current) e-tron is based on the MLB Evo platform whereas the Macan EV will be the first car using the new Premium Platform Electric (PPE), so: not sharing the same platform.
Sponsored