Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Due to the Taycan / Bose thread receiving lots of posts on audio in general, I have set up this thread for audio/hi-fi/sound system discussion, Taycan and non Taycan related.

Fill your boots.....
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone with the Bose system done any non-OEM upgrades to the audio system? If so, what upgrades have you done?

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Has anyone with the Bose system done any non-OEM upgrades to the audio system? If so, what upgrades have you done?
I am very interested in this question too.

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
This company upgraded the audio in my previous BMW M3.. They did a really great job. You can customize your setup. For example, I also had the doors and some other parts insulated.
Besides general audio upgrades, they have specialized in Porsche.. 7500 is much money.. I'm sure they can fullfill custom wihes also, according to your budget

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Perhaps a more relevant question is whether anyone has upgraded their base audio since that is what a lot of people might now be getting but not wanting. If so, with what, at what cost and how good a result?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Perhaps a more relevant question is whether anyone has upgraded their base audio since that is what a lot of people might now be getting but not wanting. If so, with what, at what cost and how good a result?
Read from here and into page 8:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/bose-delays.12820/post-190992

After that, that is why this thread was created... The conversation digressed as usual 😂

The general recommendation is to go with the Audiotec Fischer UP 7DSP along with the Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the boot.

As that poster explained, they have done exactly this on their Taycan, so that alone saves a lot of research as someone has actually done this and it works and it is a genuine upgrade.

You will likely need a pro installation and there is no downloadable sound setup from Audiotec Fischer, so your installer will need to calibrate the sound system as well.

My only guess for cost is £1-1.5k all in?

adamgreen

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 5
Country flag
This company upgraded the audio in my previous BMW M3.. They did a really great job. You can customize your setup. For example, I also had the doors and some other parts insulated.
Besides general audio upgrades, they have specialized in Porsche.. 7500 is much money.. I'm sure they can fullfill custom wihes also, according to your budget. But when I studied at college, I use best dissertation writing services reviews so if you need any type of help with writing tasks - just contact this writers.
Totally agree with you dude and thanks for help.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Listen @f1eng , he has knowledge&experiences with high_$_end system(s).
Personaly,i think that there’s not enough volume in a car that one can hear the difference…of course, it depends on (healthy) ears and type,of music.
I don;t have experiences with Burmester, and i don’t remember how base taycan sounded; i’m ok with Bose.
(Also as a sports shooter, my ears are not as they were 40 yesrs ago…)

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
Unfortunately I also got the call, that Bose cant be delivered. Therefore I started to research and I spoke with some good Car Audio Company here, they advised me to talk with Porsche first, because any change could cause the loss of warranty!

So I called my dealer and even if they build in the new Audio equipment, I would loose the warranty. Did anyone else talk here with their dealer and what did they say?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Due to the Taycan / Bose thread receiving lots of posts on audio in general, I have set up this thread for audio/hi-fi/sound system discussion, Taycan and non Taycan related.

Fill your boots.....
My car hasn’t been delivered yet but it does have the Bose set up. Despite that, I would be interested in an upgrade that was specifically designed for EVs. Something that draws relatively low energy, is fairly lightweight and delivers premium sound would be awesome. It’s been 20+ years since I was fully immersed in car audio…back then, my first two criteria were not considered high priority. Any one have experience in this area?

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Unfortunately I also got the call, that Bose cant be delivered. Therefore I started to research and I spoke with some good Car Audio Company here, they advised me to talk with Porsche first, because any change could cause the loss of warranty!

So I called my dealer and even if they build in the new Audio equipment, I would loose the warranty. Did anyone else talk here with their dealer and what did they say?
Which car Vincent? Rwd of 4 or?
Does the theory still hold anything 4s and above still gets Bose?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am amused by the audio threads so here is something merely to amuse, totally non serious.
I have a pair of 3-way horns which are 109dB/watt sensitive.
That means if you could get both in a car the sound would be able to blow you out the windows with one watt :)
Problem is there would be no chance of getting one of them in a car and pointing in the right direction, never mind two.

https://www.tuneaudio.com/audio-product/tune-audio-anima/

To properly integrate the sound of multiple drivers with considerable spacing (as opposed to co-axial) I find I need to be about 5 meters from the speaker, so would be best travelling on a skateboard towed behind the car with the tailgate open, for high quality sound :)

I do have very small speakers with coaxial drivers so they integrate well even when listened to quite close, but because they are small (and physics ;))the bass rolls off early and DSP and (in my very early ones) a 3000 watt amplifier is used to compensate.
They are still too big to go in a car though.

https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/phantom-speaker/

:)

They are amazing for their size IMO

After bruising my wallet extensively in the past to little avail I gave up trying to get high fidelity in a car a long time ago.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
For people form Netherlands/Belgium.
I found these:
https://www.clanck.com/porsche-taycan

costs about 7500 euro
Knowing this business...in my country... Any well-reputable shop should be able to get you a decent setup that fits your budget and demands. Personally i would then tend to favor wellknown speaker/amp brands.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
The general recommendation is to go with the Audiotec Fischer UP 7DSP along with the Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the boot.

As that poster explained, they have done exactly this on their Taycan, so that alone saves a lot of research as someone has actually done this and it works and it is a genuine upgrade.

You will likely need a pro installation and there is no downloadable sound setup from Audiotec Fischer, so your installer will need to calibrate the sound system as well.

My only guess for cost is £1-1.5k all in?
I wouldnt rule out all other good/better brands because someone else has used a particular setup before though. A lot has changed in this particular field the last few years and there are now a lot of other brands that offer the same and/or better solutions.

I for one, would have a long chat with my local well-reputable installer/shop and ask them what they can do within a given budget, and have them suggest the brand or brands to be used as they do this for a living and tend to have a knack for what goes together and what doesnt :)
Sponsored