Auto Emergency Braking - has anyone tested ?

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
As per the taycan config file PDF file, it says the car comes with all the standard protection features as per safety standards and that also includes AUTO EMERGENCY BRAKING and warning, etc.

So, lets say I dont get the Adaptive Cruise Control + Lane Keep Assist and simply use the regular standard cruise control, then will the car automatically try to brake itself if any instant emergency happens on the highway on its front ?

Or how does it happen for Porsche ?

I drive a mercedes Gwagon 2021 model now and I have tried the auto braking in multiple occasions, it always brakes it automatically no matter what speed 50 or 100 or 150 or 180.

Also the for the lane change assist, means the blind spot detector, does it only blink on the side mirror or also chime inside the car with warning tone ?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Take a test drive and try it out.

Read the relevant sections in the Porsche Good To Know App for the various assistance systems and their interdependencies.

Audible and visible warnings appear in addition to the application of brakes etc.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
My emergency braking came on last week as I got distracted for split second and didnt realize the car infront had slowed down. got a alert and by the time i hit the brake the car had it boosted the brake to necessary level for it to avoid a accident.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
kicked on twice for me.....worked perfectly.

BTW, you seem to be going through every feature and option on this vehicle and asking if 'it works'. The car is solid, minus some quirks around charging and infotainment.....just go take it for a test drive and decide for yourself, or go rent a Turo for a day and get all of your questions answered first-hand. No opinion will be the same and you will always be disappointed at making a decision for yourself, based on someone else's experiences.
Afterall....you may be lucky and get a lemon and have nothing work, only to come back and call us all liars and that we misled you and/or that we are all just a bunch of Porsche fan-boys :like:
Sponsored