Auto tightening seatbelts

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
I have a 4s + and standard seats and mine does it.
Seems there is a lot of varying responses. Some people have it with the standard seats, some only with the upgraded ones. Makes me wonder whether it is linked to some other option possibly o_O
Sponsored

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
I don't have too many options. ACC, auto dimming and folding mirrors and lane change assist. That's about it tech wise.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the premium package (Taycan 4S) here in Canada which comes with the 14 way adjustable seats... I don't have the seatbelts that tighten after driving off... I'm curious to which option that is...

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
I took U.S. delivery of a 4S in August and mine does not have this feature. I have 18 way sport seats.

Jason0055

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi s3 Range Rover sport Porsche Taycan.
Country flag
I test drive the turbo in the uk and it had it and then I test drove the 4s and it didn’t. I have ordered a 4s so I am not expecting it

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
I test drive the turbo in the uk and it had it and then I test drove the 4s and it didn’t. I have ordered a 4s so I am not expecting it
Same situation as me but I cant see what the turbo has other than the 4S as standard other than the 18 way seats which I have ordered in my 4S. Some on here are saying they have it on their 4S but not with the standard seats... bloody confusing.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some on here are saying they have it on their 4S but not with the standard seats... bloody confusing.
Do people who don't have it have "Comfort Entry Enabled"? I have it on mine and just briefly checked the settings and there is nothing specific about it, so wondering if it is tied to some other feature?

edit. The US manual states it is a standard feature, so if you are in US, may want to have this checked out on your next service visit (p. 269 under "Preventive occupant protection function"
When driving off, the front seat belts are gently tightened once to ensure an optimal position with regard to the occupants.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car does not seem to do this (US 4S) even though I distinctly remember it on the 992s and Taycan Turbo I test drove.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I was pretty sure that this is it (at least on the Irish configurator):

Porsche Taycan Auto tightening seatbelts Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 17.51.31

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was pretty sure that this is it (at least on the Irish configurator):

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 17.51.31.png
I think the pre tensioners are the things what "explode" (for want of a better word) when you are in a crash to tighten the belt. Pretty sure they are anyway :oops:

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Perhaps it's a setting buried in the PCM somewhere? Seems a bit too random to be spec issue.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This is how it is stated in the Good to Know App! And it is not specific to any model, sp I would think this is a standard feature in all Taycans. Maybe there is fault In some of the cars. Worth talking to your service advisor.
Porsche Taycan Auto tightening seatbelts 749C3CEA-B6C9-43B9-ADE3-ADE8C989D027

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is how it is stated in the Good to Know App! And it is not specific to any model, sp I would think this is a standard feature in all Taycans. Maybe there is fault In some of the cars. Worth talking to your service advisor.
749C3CEA-B6C9-43B9-ADE3-ADE8C989D027.jpeg
Thanks, It seems it is standard on non-UK cars and an option (not sure what with though) on UK cars. o_O