ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is a nice 3 way comparison of a fosil, a hybrid and a pure EV from the UK publisher, AUTOCAR.

Review: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/evolution-gt-polestar-1-vs-amg-gt63-vs-porsche-taycan

Porsche Taycan AUTOCAR: Evolution of the GT Review: Polestar 1 vs AMG GT63 vs Porsche Taycan Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 11.35.42 AM

Favorite closing quote from article:
You might imagine that, with the ‘road to zero’ picture looking like it does, I’d recommend that someone with the means to be in this particular market should buy the Mercedes now, while they still can, before the public mood and legislative context turns irrevocably against it; the Polestar in a few years, it being an ideal bridge and introduction to an electrified touring future; and the Taycan in perhaps another few years more, when the world is ready to better support owning and charging it.

That sounds like a very reasonable argument. Trouble is, with the memory of all three cars and an epic couple of days now hardened but still fresh in the mind, the Porsche is all I can think about. How on earth does it perform and handle like that? How have they hidden all that weight so well? Could I possibly find a way to make it fit into my life?
Porsche Taycan AUTOCAR: Evolution of the GT Review: Polestar 1 vs AMG GT63 vs Porsche Taycan 19-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-tracking-front_0