faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I've watched this guy's summer review, and liked it.

This is a new one (23 January, 2021), so I'll watch it now.

I see that in this one, he reviews the animal-free interior version, as he did on the summer one. I appreciate this a lot, because for me it's a non-negotiable option (non-option-al?), but nearly all of the video reviews are leather, and my dealer has never had a showroom car in the vegan version.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes @faroutinNM I always enjoy the reviews from Thomas, he is quite a funny guy generally shows a lot of passion during the driving. Animal free is always a big sticky point for Autogefühl.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone else interested in getting a closer look at the animal-free interior, there are some great close-up views starting at about 4:10 in this video:

Last edited:

zvoykish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I hope my question won't raise any "Duh, of course" comments, but it's really important for me (since I won't buy a car with any leather in it...) so I'll ask it to make sure I make the right decision.

I'm vegan, and I've always dreamt of a Porsche, from everything I see on their site and in here, it sounds like if I buy a Taycan with the 'race-tex (leather-free)' interior option and avoid any configuration item that explicitly mentions 'leather' - there's NO leather in your car.
Can anyone confirm this please and whether any upgrades/customizations are something to avoid to no get leather on the way?
I'd like to buy this GTS configuration - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMGY782
- Race-Tex Interior in Black

- SportDesign Package in Carbon Fiber Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black
- Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
- Door Handles in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

- Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
- 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels

- LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- Light Strip with "PORSCHE" Logo in Glacier Blue Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control

- Surround View
- Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist LCA)
- Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)

- Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Comfort Memory
- Ventilated Seats (Front)
- Seat Belts in Graphite Blue Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Interior Carbon Fiber
- Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber
- Heated Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber and Rim in Race-Tex i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Race-Tex Interior
- Pedals in Aluminum

- BOSE® Surround Sound System

- Included 3 Years of 30 Minute DC Charging Sessions at Electrify America Stations
- Power Charge Port Cover
@faroutinNM - it sounded like you were following the same animal-free guideline for your Taycan, and you mentioned it in several posts so I thought I'd name drop you and say hi :)

Also, I'm happy to hear others' thoughts/suggestions about the various performance/other customizations that are worth considering such as:
- PDCC sport
- Rear-axle steering
- The electric charging options are confusing to me. I currently have a Tesla and charge at home with a NEMA 14-50 outlet, what do I need to both charge at the higher capacity at home? And also to be able to fast charge in fast charging stations...?

For performance needs - As much as I'd love to take it to a track, it's probably not going to happen or will be so rare that I don't feel a need to plan for it at this point.
I want to enjoy a sporty drive but prioritize everyday/comfortable driving+suspension when it comes to driving the roads of Los Angeles...

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope my question won't raise any "Duh, of course" comments, but it's really important for me (since I won't buy a car with any leather in it...) so I'll ask it to make sure I make the right decision.

I'm vegan, and I've always dreamt of a Porsche, from everything I see on their site and in here, it sounds like if I buy a Taycan with the 'race-tex (leather-free)' interior option and avoid any configuration item that explicitly mentions 'leather' - there's NO leather in your car.
Can anyone confirm this please and whether any upgrades/customizations are something to avoid to no get leather on the way?
I'd like to buy this GTS configuration - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMGY782

@faroutinNM - it sounded like you were following the same animal-free guideline for your Taycan, and you mentioned it in several posts so I thought I'd name drop you and say hi :)

Also, I'm happy to hear others' thoughts/suggestions about the various performance/other customizations that are worth considering such as:
- PDCC sport
- Rear-axle steering
- The electric charging options are confusing to me. I currently have a Tesla and charge at home with a NEMA 14-50 outlet, what do I need to both charge at the higher capacity at home? And also to be able to fast charge in fast charging stations...?

For performance needs - As much as I'd love to take it to a track, it's probably not going to happen or will be so rare that I don't feel a need to plan for it at this point.
I want to enjoy a sporty drive but prioritize everyday/comfortable driving+suspension when it comes to driving the roads of Los Angeles...

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
I'd say you're on the right track (npi), with no leather being included on options that don't explicitly say so, with your Racetex interior. Looks like a nice config you've set up. I do enjoy using my HUD too much to omit it. Although, as expected, some of the users here don't prefer it. I would certainly add RAS, which is amazing. At the time I ordered (November 2020), I found that the Performance package, plus the Premium package was the most cost-effective way to get what I wanted in the Turbo trim. I selected the High-Gloss Black exterior trim and window surrounds, so pretty much identical look, except I have the exterior-colored door handles. I also selected all of the options that are now included in the Technology Package. They weren't offered as a package at that time.

BTW, the ACC is excellent, and I use it a lot. One way that I use it is for keeping a steady speed on steep downhills, like you might find around LA and other coastal hill areas. ACC does all of the work. I find myself using the lower left control stalk as much as the pedals, even in urban driving.

You will have onboard (built-in, that is) 270kW DC fast-charging (at 800 volts, which is nearly all DC chargers in North America) as standard with any Taycan, so no worries there. You might want to take a hard look at adding the 19kW AC onboard charger for the fastest home charging. There are a lot of discussions about charging to be found on this forum, including helpful explanations.

Happy motoring in your beautiful GTS!
Sponsored

Last edited: