Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts!

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We put $5k down for a GTS ST allocation (with config that needs to be locked down mid-next month); but apparently we can't order the VLL roof nor the Burmester sound system, so the dealer told us we have to 'give up' the allocation and do a factory demand order....
Oh fuck that, no way you should even consider giving up the allocation, take the GTS ST. those are worth weight in gold right now given the supply issues. you'll probably have zero depreciation for 1-2 years given the current order backlog.
Sponsored

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Oh fuck that, no way you should even consider giving up the allocation, take the GTS ST. those are worth weight in gold right now given the supply issues. you'll probably have zero depreciation for 1-2 years given the current order backlog.
Thanks for this; I'll re-consider...but man, if we take this GTS ST, dealer said no VLL and no Burmester (only pano roof and Bose Surround Sound upgrade).....its a tough call!!!

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for this; I'll re-consider...but man, if we take this GTS ST, dealer said no VLL and no Burmester (only pano roof and Bose Surround Sound upgrade).....its a tough call!!!
I get that. Personally I think both options are extremely overpriced. The Bose sound in my Turbo is...fine. For 800 dollars (a la carte) it's a no brainer, however it's not blowing your ears off, and frankly I think it's inferior to the B&O in my B9 S4, but when they have three discrete sound systems, the mid cannot be too too good, so I get it. I would never say it's bad, it's just good.

the VLC roof in my opinion is only for show. yes, it's very very very cool and in theory serves a practical purpose, but is it 5000 dollars cool? that's your call, for my (now canceled) GTS ST allocation, it was a pass in favor of spending the money on handling features. you could also just put a mild tint on the roof (my local detailer has done a few) if the light or warmth bothered you, but as-is, it never has bothered me.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I get that. Personally I think both options are extremely overpriced. The Bose sound in my Turbo is...fine. For 800 dollars (a la carte) it's a no brainer, however it's not blowing your ears off, and frankly I think it's inferior to the B&O in my B9 S4, but when they have three discrete sound systems, the mid cannot be too too good, so I get it. I would never say it's bad, it's just good.

the VLC roof in my opinion is only for show. yes, it's very very very cool and in theory serves a practical purpose, but is it 5000 dollars cool? that's your call, for my (now canceled) GTS ST allocation, it was a pass in favor of spending the money on handling features. you could also just put a mild tint on the roof (my local detailer has done a few) if the light or warmth bothered you, but as-is, it never has bothered me.
Thank you for ur feedback; will circle back with the wife...I'm assuming one cannot just 'upgrade' the pano roof to VLC roof after delivery? Same goes with the Burmester sound system (although one can do it aftermarket but i gotta find a shop thats reliable and knows what their doing, still a hassle tho)...

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thank you for ur feedback; will circle back with the wife...I'm assuming one cannot just 'upgrade' the pano roof to VLC roof after delivery? Same goes with the Burmester sound system (although one can do it aftermarket but i gotta find a shop thats reliable and knows what their doing, still a hassle tho)...
no definitely not, you'd be re-wiring the entire car.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
The other thing is, being up in Canada, our dealership has has 2x GTS (1x GTS, 1x GTS ST) allocations lingering for the longest time and no one else has picked them up yet (except us with the GTS ST alloc)...thinking maybe higher interest rates has dampened demand in Canada...point is, debating if we just send the factory demand order through then we would get both the VLC roof and Burmester but dont know how long it would take before the next GTS ST allocation comes with those options (betting that it comes sooner than later given the macro backdrop)...

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm team pro him taking the GTS ST allocation...unless your dealer is very, very confident they'll get another allocation soon and can guarantee those options (which I'm sure they'd never put in writing or even verbally agree to)

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
VLC is like $3400? I’m keeping my GTS ST order even though VLC was a must have for me. But VLC isn’t a gimmick …

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
VLC is like $3400? I’m keeping my GTS ST order even though VLC was a must have for me. But VLC isn’t a gimmick …
The normal glass is already going to block heat effectively. I don’t think the VLC does anything but block visible light, so you can choose how dark/bright your cabin is, but it won’t impact how hot it gets. Kind of a gimmick imo, and apparently slightly less clear than the normal glass even when set to be as clear as it can be, so I skipped it.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
The normal glass is already going to block heat effectively. I don’t think the VLC does anything but block visible light, so you can choose how dark/bright your cabin is, but it won’t impact how hot it gets. Kind of a gimmick imo, and apparently slightly less clear than the normal glass even when set to be as clear as it can be, so I skipped it.
Thanks for your insight! If we forgo that, then the next option I have to be willing to let go is the lack of Burmester upgrade...which means the 'Bose surround sound system'

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick Update on Allocations:

I spoke to my SA yesterday about allocations...he said Macan/Cayenne/Panamera are mostly flowing through (easier to get, depending on trim), but 992 & Taycan are still very difficult. Taycan production must really be struggling.

He received two RWD allocations which went to people on here who had placed their order demands with him months back. If I hear of any available allocations (that aren't secured by an order demand), or incoming units, I'll of course post them here. If you're looking to place an order demand @ MSRP, you're always welcome to PM me.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Seeking some info from Taycan owners who have ordered from different dealers... what should be reasonable "freight & PDI" fees? Our dealer has charged us $3400usd equivalent worth...

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I might have a lead on a 2023 Taycan RWD Sedan that's at port and will be shipped to the dealer next week (east coast; buyer has to ship, if applicable). Perhaps it's one of the first 2023s in the country?

White / Slate Standard Interior
21" RS Spyders
Performance Battery +
Premium Pack
Pass Display / Sport Sound / Power Port Cover / Rear 2+1
plus a few more nice options....total MSRP ~$112k

Being sold @ MSRP. If interested, please PM! This will sell quickly...as they all do.

Edit: GTS Sedan sold! I think the RWD is still available.

Last edited:

db-taycan

First Name
Dhruv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLA 250, Ducati Monster
Country flag
Seeking some info from Taycan owners who have ordered from different dealers... what should be reasonable "freight & PDI" fees? Our dealer has charged us $3400usd equivalent worth...
I got my Taycan from a different state and I chose my own shipping company and not use the dealers. I was charged no "freight & PDI". But I should mention, mine is a certified purchase and not a custom build

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my Taycan from a different state and I chose my own shipping company and not use the dealers. I was charged no "freight & PDI". But I should mention, mine is a certified purchase and not a custom build
I think dealers in Canada just do things differently...it seems they tack on stuff like freight and PDI to make up for no ADMs?

Re my post earlier: I believe that RWD is still available. There was an available GTS, but it has sold!
Sponsored