Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts!

exlibris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Nothing wrong with the former where you are helping people, but then perhaps it is against Porsche/dealership employee rules so you have to maintain cover with this possible "I'm just being helpful" charade.
I find the default cynicism in this statement truly unfortunate and contrary to the spirit of this forum.

As a brief anecdote, a few months ago, startled by the excessive ADMs and brazen attitude of many dealers that I spoke with when inquiring about purchasing a new Taycan (my first Porsche), I stumbled upon the forum and this thread specifically.

With no real expectation, I sent @ssim a message and received the most incredibly thoughtful reply and introduction to his SA. Within one day, I was able to lock the exact car I wanted at MSRP and am due to receive it within the next week or so.

Over the course of the last three months, our regular correspondence has crystallized the generous, friendly, and community minded nature of his enthusiast efforts.

Forums like this are meant to be a helpful resource and members like him who post frequently in a sincere, selfless, and value-adding manner should be appreciated for all that they contribute.
Sponsored

Eddiewasthegreatest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Macan GTS
Country flag
Have you worked with SSIM Mr. Hero? He has many thankful "friends" on this forum. Surely if something was amiss or detrimental to those he serves we would hear about it. I myself was set up with an allocation at MSRP with a great rep that SSIM recommended: my order is locked and it couldn't have been smoother. Post again with facts after you work with him.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just curious: are US allocations for the GTS Sport Turismo still very very sparse? I've been #3 at my dealership (granted a small one) since the car was announced (about 13-14 months ago now).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
At least for the US market, you do seem useful.

However, the "common folks" strategy is a bit peculiar if you really are in the industry. Just say, no one will care.

I'm not sure whether someone who can afford to own three cars with a combined value running into hundreds of thousands of dollars has the time to act as a human aggregator of Taycan allocations.

Generally, successful people are very short for time, unless you are making $$$$ from filling those allocations, which explains the cars you own; or you are retired of course.

Nothing wrong with the former where you are helping people, but then perhaps it is against Porsche/dealership employee rules so you have to maintain cover with this possible "I'm just being helpful" charade.
While I am generally a sceptic and more paranoid than most, I don't quite share your cynicism here. Can I guarantee you that any member here is not receiving some direct or indirect benefit from posting here? Of course not. For some however, even people who can afford a lot, participating in forums and helping people is a hobby. I do ok financially, yet I've personally put in quite a lot of time into various forums without receiving any compensation for it. There are members here who spend a bunch of time helping people with various advice without any compensation (I don't want to name actual members in this thread, but search for people with most post and see if you can come up with theories how they get compensated for their thousands of posts).

Bottom line, I get paranoia and skepticism, but the concept which I think you're missing is people doing something as a hobby, while sinking time (and often money) into it rather than making money from it. The compensation is personal satisfaction.

Last but not least, even if someone posted here about an available allocation or car (different members do from time to time, I think I did once or twice as I came across Taycans in my search for an allocation) and even if they got some compensation for it, so what? I spent a year and half contacting dealers across the USA looking for an allocation. At my closest dealership (which was the first one I put a deposit with) I was at the exact same queue position after a year and half (moved up one and then back when Porsche merged sedan+CT allocations). If someone here helped me find an allocation, why would I care if they got compensated for it? Some of the dealers I've contacted were asking for outrageous ADM's too. As long as the customer knows what they are buying for what price, why would they care how the profit is split up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Just curious: are US allocations for the GTS Sport Turismo still very very sparse? I've been #3 at my dealership (granted a small one) since the car was announced (about 13-14 months ago now).
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! :)

GTS ST allocations are still incredibly sparse. I’ll speak more to this in my 2022-23 update & outlook, but I’ve actually never seen an available GTS ST allocation. There was only one available unit right after the ST was released…a locked launch spec ordered by PCNA…it sold to a great friend of mine very quickly lol.

4S/Turbo/Turbo S can all be flexed to CT from Sedan if you change it early enough, but GTS ST and Sedan (and Taycan CT4) are all allocated separately.

If you ever decide to jump ship to GTS Sedan, lmk, as my SA might have an allocation open! Hope this helps provide more context.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! :)

GTS ST allocations are still incredibly sparse. I’ll speak more to this in my 2022-23 update & outlook, but I’ve actually never seen an available GTS ST allocation. There was only one available unit right after the ST was released…a locked launch spec ordered by PCNA…it sold to a great friend of mine very quickly lol.

4S/Turbo/Turbo S can all be flexed to CT from Sedan if you change it early enough, but GTS ST and Sedan (and Taycan CT4) are all allocated separately.

If you ever decide to jump ship to GTS Sedan, lmk, as my SA might have an allocation open! Hope this helps provide more context.
Thanks @ssim for the insights.

I guess it affirms that ST allocations are just very rare, and that waiting is going to just have to continue for that car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have interest in a ST Turbo but it appears Porsche has decided not to bring it to the US. I currently have a Turbo and can’t imagine going “down” to the 4S; not that it isn’t a great car, but once you get used to the power of a Turbo…

So it seems my only option is a CT Turbo, which may be easier to obtain an allocation, or a GTS ST. I’d end up removing a number of the CT bits to make it more like an ST. Sigh.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think Champion is doing MSRP for locals (likely on everything except GT cars…but requires a lot of patience to get an allocation) but charging ADM for out of region. Just a heads-up!
To me, it's always worth a try to negotiate. The current car market and economic situation can only help. If they had locals lined up for the two ST's, they'd be sold by now.

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To me, it's always worth a try to negotiate. The current car market and economic situation can only help. If they had locals lined up for the two ST's, they'd be sold by now.
Yup, I completely agree with you. They could also be sold and used as a tactic to get people to call in…We’ve all seen that trick before! Lol

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have interest in a ST Turbo but it appears Porsche has decided not to bring it to the US. I currently have a Turbo and can’t imagine going “down” to the 4S; not that it isn’t a great car, but once you get used to the power of a Turbo…

So it seems my only option is a CT Turbo, which may be easier to obtain an allocation, or a GTS ST. I’d end up removing a number of the CT bits to make it more like an ST. Sigh.
I’m sure Turbo CT would be a lot easier than GTS ST….but if you really prefer the ST look, then GTS ST is likely the best option.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They could also be sold and used as a tactic to get people to call in…We’ve all seen that trick before! Lol
Hmmm.... to call in for what reason? If I'm looking for a Taycan GTS ST, say they get me to call in but don't plan on selling it to me. What are they gaining in this situation?

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm.... to call in for what reason? If I'm looking for a Taycan GTS ST, say they get me to call in but don't plan on selling it to me. What are they gaining in this situation?
The sales tactic goes along the lines of:

Client- “I want this GTS ST.”
Dealer- “Sorry, it’s sold.”
Client- “But it’s listed online?”
Dealer- “Yes, but it’s sold. We have a GTS Sedan incoming that’s available…ADM is only $15k. Would that be of any interest? We can order you a ST, but it’d be a year wait and $20k ADM if we can even get you one. If I were you, I’d take the incoming sedan.”

They basically try to spin you into another car or try and secure your order, typically with ADM. If you’re wavering on GTS ST, and are offered a shiny GTS Sedan, you might be tempted. It’s bait & switch with the hope you’ll accept a ‘comparable’ car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The sales tactic goes along the lines of:

Client- “I want this GTS ST.”
Dealer- “Sorry, it’s sold.”
Client- “But it’s listed online?”
Dealer- “Yes, but it’s sold. We have a GTS Sedan incoming that’s available…ADM is only $15k. Would that be of any interest? We can order you a ST, but it’d be a year wait and $20k ADM if we can even get you one. If I were you, I’d take the incoming sedan.”

They basically try to spin you into another car or try and secure your order, typically with ADM. If you’re wavering on GTS ST, and are offered a shiny GTS Sedan, you might be tempted. It’s bait & switch with the hope you’ll accept a ‘comparable’ car.
For me that would approach would have never worked since I knew exactly what I wanted. I find it hard to imagine someone looking for an ST switching to go to a sedan, since usually people go for ST because they need the rear hatch, not because they prefer the look of it. I can see maybe switching someone to a CT. That said, I didn't realize there are so many GTS sedans on the market nowadays that they require a bait-and-switch to sell, rather than just posting the sedan for sale. Market is changing quickly.
Sponsored