Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Looking at the data, it's 95% between 600k and 700k for an L7. Actually a "new" hire in year 3-4 is probably out-earning the long tenure person because of the starter RSU grant which is typically significantly bigger than the refresher. The 4-year cliff is very real.
? lf they want to keep you there is no 4 year cliff.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Net worth probably more meaningful here (or stage of life) - one with 5M net worth may be more comfortable in spending most of their annual income on a car vs. one with 700k income but still in the phase of accumulation of their wealth. If you go to the Bogleheads forum, people won't spend on such a car unless they have 10M. LOL

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I personally didn't have a cliff but I hear it's pretty common complaint. Common cause of people jumping ship.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm betting the this is just a statistic. Considering there are ~20K Taycans in the USA today (according to insideevs.com), and Bill Gates bought one, If everyone else made $0 per year, Bill making $20B in a year would result in a $1M average buyer yearly income. All this statistic really tells you that all the people who bought a Taycan, including Bill Gates and probably a few other billionaires, earn $18B per year combined.

I guarantee you however that most people will understand this as "most people who drive Taycans make $900K a year or more". It's this type of statistics that drive politicians to exclude Taycans from EV incentives, etc. There are lies, there are damn lies, and then there are statistics. You can stick one of your legs in melted metal, and the other in liquid nitrogen, and an overage you will be at a very comfortable temperature, right?

Last edited:

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
A Taycan Turbo S costs $25-30k a year to lease in the UK with no BIK… certainly don’t need to earn anything near those figures to be in possession of such a fine car!

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
L7 @ Google probably isn't netting 900k even this year, mid-upper L8 maybe. Is that a sign that Google is underpaying? ?
Depends on your role and team. It’s not uncommon for L7s to hit $1M/year in FB, Google and Amazon. I have known a few guys in search quality and brain at Google who were in that range. As a mid-upper L8 you would be seriously underpaid at that total comp range. For reference, this year a median L7 engineering manager offer is $850K-ish at Amazon.

Olav

First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes Gates has a Turbo S. Here’s is him and his car at my local tennis club where he was playing with a friend of his and caught this picture right after he curbed the front end. Lol

545C035D-111A-453E-9B20-617BB3F3BFCD.jpeg
Bill Gates mostly use Android phones, and has no access to Android Auto.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Bill went for Gentian Blue as well?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yes Gates has a Turbo S. Here’s is him and his car at my local tennis club where he was playing with a friend of his and caught this picture right after he curbed the front end. Lol

545C035D-111A-453E-9B20-617BB3F3BFCD.jpeg
Yea, one of the first ones too. I wanted to test drive it at the dealership but they told me it was already sold and being prepped for delivery to Bill Gates.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Yea, one of the first ones too. I wanted to test drive it at the dealership but they told me it was already sold and being prepped for delivery to Bill Gates.
And you did not try to outbid him?

Pprior

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428, BMW 328GT, Kumpan electric scooter
Country flag
Average is a terrible metric for a statistical sample with wide deviation like income. Worthless. Median would be a much more meaningful number.
Sponsored