Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Hah! Yes, there's usually a Taycan or two parked near my office on Fillmore Street. And sometimes one takes my favorite spot just in front of the Peets. Although I would never street park mine for fear of getting curb-rash on the rims.

I think median income would be a better indicator here than mean. I have a few billionaire friend types who have a Taycan in every city they have a house in.

And yes the type of people who live in Pac Heights don't take ordinary income because the tax treatment is so bad. Most just borrow from accounts secured by their post-IPO or just-prior-to IPO stock. And FWIW a lot of my wealth is tied up in paper gains.
if it’s the white one it’s probably mine running in to get smoothies at joes.:CWL:

I am pretty shocked that people are shocked by this. Because I’m shocked people are buying 200k cars with the majority of their income/wealth. This is by far the most expensive car I ever got at 105k and I consider it a somewhat unwise financial choice — that is until Marin called me back and Offered 120k on it 9 mo later.
Sponsored

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am pretty shocked that people are shocked by this. Because I’m shocked people are buying 200k cars with the majority of their income/wealth. This is by far the most expensive car I ever got at 105k and I consider it a somewhat unwise financial choice — that is until Marin called me back and Offered 120k on it 9 mo later.
Times are different now and I think alot of folks have the financial means to buy such an expensive car outside of their annual income.

The markets have been really kind and crypto currency has skyrocketed in the past couple of years. Add in financial windfalls like working for a company that went IPO etc.

This the most expensive car I've ever purchased as well at $150K and my annual income is less than double that but I've been really fortunate in one of the ways stated above and I'm guessing there's a lot of other folks who are in the same boat.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Times are different now and I think alot of folks have the financial means to buy such an expensive car outside of their annual income.

The markets have been really kind and crypto currency has skyrocketed in the past couple of years. Add in financial windfalls like working for a company that went IPO etc.

This the most expensive car I've ever purchased as well at $150K and my annual income is less than double that but I've been really fortunate in one of the ways stated above and I'm guessing there's a lot of other folks who are in the same boat.
Tl;dr windfalls spend different. Not so surprising I guess.

dardleflom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
if it’s the white one it’s probably mine running in to get smoothies at joes.:CWL:

Oh yes I've seen you around lol

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Can we see who the lowest income Taycan owner is, not including those who live off of passive income?

I nominate myself, a high school teacher, at ~$50k a year. My spouse does pretty well though.

Last edited:

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Errrr... Just to clarify, is it 900K per annum or per month? ;)

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
In the California Bay Area I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the average. A level 7 SW engineer or manager earns around that much in one of the FAANG companies and mostly it’s in RSU gains.

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag

Never has being distinctly average sounded so appealing

note to self - must work harder ;)))

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
In the California Bay Area I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the average. A level 7 SW engineer or manager earns around that much in one of the FAANG companies and mostly it’s in RSU gains.
L7 @ Google probably isn't netting 900k even this year, mid-upper L8 maybe. Is that a sign that Google is underpaying? ?

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
L7 @ Google probably isn't netting 900k even this year, mid-upper L8 maybe. Is that a sign that Google is underpaying? ?
Depends on tenure accumulation. A 7 year L3 to L7 vs a hired L7 can result in very different totals.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Depends on tenure accumulation. A 7 year L3 to L7 vs a hired L7 can result in very different totals.
Looking at the data, it's 95% between 600k and 700k for an L7. Actually a "new" hire in year 3-4 is probably out-earning the long tenure person because of the starter RSU grant which is typically significantly bigger than the refresher. The 4-year cliff is very real.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Can we see who the lowest income Taycan owner is, not including those who live off of passive income?

I nominate myself, a high school teacher, at ~$50k a year. My spouse does pretty well though.
You must be a trophy husband?
Sponsored