Average household income really $900k?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Average is a terrible metric for a statistical sample with wide deviation like income. Worthless. Median would be a much more meaningful number.
Yea, but that wouldn't make a splashy headline the politicians can use to justify why people who buy a $90K Taycan won't even notice if the rebate is not there.
Sponsored

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Type mistake just one zero to much...
It is clearly a regional thing, but in the NY area and the San Francisco area (the two areas of the country where I personally know Taycan owners), I would say every one of the 20 Taycan owners that I know makes more than $900k/year - a lot more. Not a great sample, but it does highlight that the plausibility of the statistic.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
every one of the 20 Taycan owners that I know makes more than $900k/year
Type mistake just one zero to much... ???
Not only do you know 20 Taycan owners, but you know 20 that are willing to tell you how much they make? (And that you trust aren't exaggerating?)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Type mistake just one zero to much... ???
Not only do you know 20 Taycan owners, but you know 20 that are willing to tell you how much they make? (And that you trust aren't exaggerating?)
I suppose a couple of them could be. Most of them, unfortunately for them, have had to had at least their company compensation disclosed in public documents, so for them it is fairly easy. All of them live in >$3M houses and have jobs consistent with >$2M annual compensation (hedge fund, VC and C-suite).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I suppose a couple of them could be. Most of them, unfortunately for them, have had to had at least their company compensation disclosed in public documents, so for them it is fairly easy. All of them live in >$3M houses and have jobs consistent with >$2M annual compensation (hedge fund, VC and C-suite).
I guess using similar logic from someone living in Beverly Hills, an average Prius owner in 2010 made millions per year!:giggle: This would be based on all the celebrities living there buying a Prius to show how green they are.

If you cherry pick your data, you can get any result you want.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just finished a Porsche after sale questionaire and one of the questions is your income. Assuming no one lied when filling it out, those figures are correct.
Sponsored