Hickpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
if mom is this concerned about the baby's well being she could always sit in the rear with the baby while traveling in the car
To be honest it’s for for the “cool” factor as is the passenger screen in all honesty…
I’m sure a mirror would be more than sufficient.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hickpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You’re overthinking it.

View attachment 18612
True, but I’m one of those that would rather have 5 arguments a week with Alexa to turn my kitchen lights off, in hope that when my mates come around she just does as she’s told, rather than flicking a switch ?

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did exactly that back in 2007 on my Suburban. I had to buy a special harness that allowed me to play movies while in motion (obviously never used that), but also allowed me to drill a hole in the headrest and wire an HD camera into the Navigation screen. I am sure it can be done fairly easily, but maybe you will have to do it on your own to prevent legal crap, which is what our world sadly is down to.....

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Last edited:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pretty sure there'd be legislative obstacles in most countries preventing Porsche from providing an official or approved solution.... A quick search shows this in your neck of the woods (California):

(a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle if a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen, or any other similar means of visually displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, is operating and is located in the motor vehicle at a point forward of the back of the driver’s seat, or is operating and the monitor, screen, or display is visible to the driver while driving the motor vehicle.

So I guess anyone doing an aftermarket hack would just need to bear in mind any potential legal or insurance implications.
Still seems OK. A baby monitor is not “entertainment or business applications”.

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Pretty sure there'd be legislative obstacles in most countries preventing Porsche from providing an official or approved solution.... A quick search shows this in your neck of the woods (California):

(a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle if a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen, or any other similar means of visually displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, is operating and is located in the motor vehicle at a point forward of the back of the driver’s seat, or is operating and the monitor, screen, or display is visible to the driver while driving the motor vehicle.

So I guess anyone doing an aftermarket hack would just need to bear in mind any potential legal or insurance implications.
that might be the law in the UK or EU but AFAIK there is no law like that in the US

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
This. 100%. Use a mirror. Keep it simple. Works fine.
when our children were in car seats in the rear this is what we did, however it is limited when the child is very young and rear facing.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
baby seats are rear facing for first 3-4 years I believe so you can’t see if there having any trouble
More like 15 months until they can forward-face. And trust me it will be your ears not your eyes that let you know when your young passenger is unhappy so save your camera money for headphones

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
(Other people’s) babies can be quite entertaining.:p

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You can watch a video in the Taycan infotainment, however only works when the car is in park. Safety reason.
Sponsored