Roberto S

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anybody out there having a really bad smell in the car? A friend is also having a smell problem in his Taycan. He thinks it could be from the AC but I have tried eco mode, on, off and auto and still a bad smell.
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is an open campaign to fix a mis-positioned AC condensate drain hose. If you have condensate that isn't draining out of the vehicle, you could have mold and/or mildew which would definitely be a noticeable smell, in any AC system mode (as long as there is airflow). Definitely take it to the dealer. My Taycan still smells new/clean after 8 months (I didn't have the drain problem) but we had the drain problem in my wife's Cayenne, and yeah, it leaves a smell. The dealer had to replace the carpet.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Anybody out there having a really bad smell in the car? A friend is also having a smell problem in his Taycan. He thinks it could be from the AC but I have tried eco mode, on, off and auto and still a bad smell.
It was me. Sorry... Chilli for lunch...

:)

OP
OP
Roberto S

Roberto S

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an open campaign to fix a mis-positioned AC condensate drain hose. If you have condensate that isn't draining out of the vehicle, you could have mold and/or mildew which would definitely be a noticeable smell, in any AC system mode (as long as there is airflow). Definitely take it to the dealer. My Taycan still smells new/clean after 8 months (I didn't have the drain problem) but we had the drain problem in my wife's Cayenne, and yeah, it leaves a smell. The dealer had to replace the carpet.
Thank you!
I did take my car to the dealer and I was informed that they know how to correct the problem since my car is not the first one to have this odd smell.
thanks again.
Roberto

Luc1

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I thought my kids left an old apple or something in the car but having the same problem in my 2021 taycan. It stinks like mould/dust every time I turn it on

Taking it into the dealer.

Skippyboy

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turbo S
Country flag
Thank you!
I did take my car to the dealer and I was informed that they know how to correct the problem since my car is not the first one to have this odd smell.
thanks again.
Roberto
Hey Roberto - May I enquire what you dealer did please. Mine changed the the pollen filter and ran an antibac clean but it is still there. Thanks!

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
@Luc1 @Roberto S What was the smell like?

Our car suddenly started smelling like urine/ammonia coming from the passenger seat area and there is zero reason for it. Dogs stay in the cargo area on a removable trunk mat (that smells fine), we don’t allow kids to eat in the car, we use rubber floor mats and nothing has spilled.
Sponsored