Baltimore to Champion Porsche (Pompano Beach)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Thanks for your response. Based on TYD mine is on route to South Florida (Pompano Beach dealer) from Baltimore. Very weird since the ship after Baltimore came down to JAX. This is either a glitch in the system or my car was dropped by mistake in Baltimore.
My ship went from Emden to Halifax and then to Baltimore, and then to Jacksonville (I did not track after that). I will say it was quick in and out of Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Since I got a peek at my car before the PDI, I got some pictures of the shipping stuff. Here is the decal that was on the windshield. I have to imagine it is a massive puzzle to organize the cars on the ship so they can easily get unloaded at the correct port. You can see mine says Jacksonville. Crazy to think they dropped it at the wrong port, unless it was mis-labeled in Emden/Stuttgart.
Porsche Taycan Baltimore to Champion Porsche (Pompano Beach) TaycanShipDecal
Sponsored

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My ship went from Emden to Halifax and then to Baltimore, and then to Jacksonville (I did not track after that). I will say it was quick in and out of Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Since I got a peek at my car before the PDI, I got some pictures of the shipping stuff. Here is the decal that was on the windshield. I have to imagine it is a massive puzzle to organize the cars on the ship so they can easily get unloaded at the correct port. You can see mine says Jacksonville. Crazy to think they dropped it at the wrong port, unless it was mis-labeled in Emden/Stuttgart.
TaycanShipDecal.jpg
Interesting!!! I see Jacksonville in the label. Where was your car dropped off? Halifax or Baltimore?

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

TaycanShipDecal.jpg
Jacksonville
Now my sales person called me and confirmed that my Taycan is en route to the dealer from Baltimore. Apparently the sticker in the car says Baltimore instead of Jacksonville. Nobody knows why.....

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I knew the day my car was coming from the port to my dealer. It did not show the red dot moving. Mid day was still in the port and then late afternoon, TYD went from black mode to white mode, 0 miles to dealer, and said it was delivered to the dealer. Mine went from Jax to St Pete (3 hours or so).
Now my sales person called me and confirmed that my Taycan is en route to the dealer from Baltimore. Apparently the sticker in the car says Baltimore instead of Jacksonville. Nobody knows why.....

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Given current logistical challenges, it could be any number of reasons: Baltimore has TPMS chips / JAX running out of space / etc...

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Given current logistical challenges, it could be any number of reasons: Baltimore has TPMS chips / JAX running out of space / etc...
It makes total sense.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
SFL Conductor is scheduled to arrive in Jax tomorrow at 21:00...
SFL Conductor left Jacksonville yesterday and headed out to sea. Then it turned around and is back in Jacksonville. I wonder if they discovered either that they dropped off cars that should be going to their next stop or that they discovered that they forgot to drop off cars that should have stayed in Jacksonville. I suspect the latter, because my TYD doesn't show my car being in Jacksonville.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
It makes total sense.
This is probably the case. My car is supposed to be delivered today but the dealership says we're going to have to push it back. Drove through Baltimore last night and specifically went out of our way out to Sparrows Point. There's not a ton of cars there right now so I don't what the delay is with mine.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
SFL Conductor left Jacksonville yesterday and headed out to sea. Then it turned around and is back in Jacksonville. I wonder if they discovered either that they dropped off cars that should be going to their next stop or that they discovered that they forgot to drop off cars that should have stayed in Jacksonville. I suspect the latter, because my TYD doesn't show my car being in Jacksonville.
That is interesting!!! Probably that is what happened, however based on the draught when he left Baltimore and the current draught I do not think they dropped any car during its first berth at JAX. I think they are doing it now. I received my "entering port" and "Port processing" a the same time the next day after arrival to Baltimore. You should get yours tomorrow I guess.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is interesting!!! Probably that is what happened, however based on the draught when he left Baltimore and the current draught I do not think they dropped any car during its first berth at JAX. I think they are doing it now. I received my "entering port" and "Port processing" a the same time the next day after arrival to Baltimore. You should get yours tomorrow I guess.
I'm told that they don't have enough workers at the port to unload all cargo. Lots of ships sitting offshore...

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would shoot your SA off a quick email and ask if your car has a stop sale on it for a programming update.
At least mine is fine with no campaigns or recall. coming from Baltimore to South Florida. Should be arriving over the weekend.

OP
OP
TeslaHeart

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm told that they don't have enough workers at the port to unload all cargo. Lots of ships sitting offshore...
Have you seen any change in your TYD? The SFL conductor is scheduled to depart JAX at 13:00 hours today to Houston. It means they already unloaded the vessel.
Sponsored