BASE Taycan + $10,000 Must Have Options

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
I am looking to build BASE Taycan ...... what are the MUST HAVE have options, $10,000 maximum, in order to keep my Taycan sub $90,000 ??
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am looking to build BASE Taycan ...... what are the MUST HAVE have options, $10,000 maximum, in order to keep my Taycan sub $90,000 ??
The larger battery seems to me the #1 on the list. Followed perhaps by the air suspension...

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
This is rather subjective to some degree -- but it may also depend on what your needs are with the car. If you plan to do a lot of long distance driving, then the larger battery and the air suspension will both help with distance/efficiency. By that same rationale, spending money on flashy wheels (larger) will also hurt efficiency, so you can save money there, offset by the other items.

If you are more interested in making the car luxurious, then as noted above, the insulated glass will keep the interior quiet. And you may enjoy supple leathers, heated steering wheels, and other such items. This would go hand in hand with the big wheels, the optional colors, and so forth.

If you want the best performance of the "Base" Taycan, then the brake. upgrades amongst other things might benefit if (should your driving needs demand such). Again... you can see where this is really subject to knowing your "purpose" for the car ... $10k sounds like a lot but in the Porsche configurator, that could be squelched in just 2-3x check boxes LOL

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Plus battery
Driver memory
Folding mirrors
20inch wheels
Bose
surround camera
power steering plus
LED lights
Sports chrono
LCA
Adaptive cruise

Reactions: Vik

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Plus battery
Driver memory
Folding mirrors
20inch wheels
Bose
surround camera
power steering plus
LED lights
Sports chrono
LCA
Adaptive cruise

I'll take these the $10,000! :)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have to say that I tried, but I could only get to $11,810. Here is what I think must be included:

• Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh). This is range, you have to have it here in the US.
  • Adaptive Air Suspension. You'll need to be able to lower it for range, raise it for speed bumps, etc.
  • Rear Axle Steering. This is a wide and long car, and rear axle steering is a pretty big benefit, especially at low speeds.
  • Seat Heating. Electric cars do not heat their cabins as easily as ICE cars. I would definitely recommend if you live anywhere where it gets cold (i.e., anywhere but the Southeast).
  • 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger. I had no idea this was an option. I actually recalled it being standard on my car. But I see it is an option now on all of the model levels. I didn't remember specifying this as an option, but I have it.
I suppose you could quibble with the charger and just live with slower charging to get below $10k. I think, however, this is still quite bare bones, since there are no color choices or wheel choices. No drive mode selection, no Sport Plus suspension mode, heated steering wheel, etc.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
  • 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger. I had no idea this was an option. I actually recalled it being standard on my car. But I see it is an option now on all of the model levels. I didn't remember specifying this as an option, but I have it.
You probably don't if you have a 2020 model. It was an option added to 2021 builds.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
You probably don't if you have a 2020 model. It was an option added to 2021 builds.
Ah. So, to add the above, I suppose I wouldn't call it a must have. I haven't missed not having it, as the car charges quickly enough for me...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Or just wait for Audi E-tron GT which will share the same platform as the Taycan. It is very likely that $90k will buy a well equipped e-tron.
I wouldn't bet on it. They were talking about 100k price tag. But if money is tight I'd try to wait for it and then compare in detail. After all, this new Audi also looks really good.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Your spec is individual to you. It all depends on what you want to use the car for.

Predominantly short journeys - daily commute - $8960
  • 20" turbo wheels
  • all season tyres
  • 18-way adaptive sport seats (I would choose 14-way but they make you have seat ventilation!)
  • powered folding mirrors
  • air suspension
  • heated steering wheel
  • bose
  • powered charge port

Predominantly long journeys - daily - $9460
  • all season tyres
  • 18-way adaptive sport seats
  • performance battery plus
  • adaptive air suspension
  • heated steering wheel
  • bose

The standard 19" wheels - I would consider having them coated black once you have the car.
18-way seat - if you're tall, you might find the 8-way doesn't have the adjustments to get comfortable, especially on long journeys! If you find 8-ways fine, then you have money to spend on something else.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Not sure anything is really must-have.. it’s all personal preference.
Larger battery would be high up my list, but if you only drive 100 miles per week it might not be essential to you. I couldn’t live with the standard wheels but plenty of others seem to ok.
I’ve only had mine a couple of weeks but I think you could take most of my options away and I wouldn’t care too much when I’m driving it. All the stuff is really either eye candy or opulence. It would still be a great car with no options.
Sorry, that’s probably the most unhelpful post here.

russw

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Cayman S
Country flag
I've been asking myself the same question as I look into the Taycan. My vote would be air suspension, battery+, ACC as the minimum options but when I speced out the base I got to $105k (doh!). Porsche tuned AS is something you can't get in other cars and gives the car comfort and performance improvements.

If you park in difficult situations, the retracting mirrors and surround view are worth considering.

From what I can tell the base headlights come with the PDLS (lights move with steering input). Wouldn't have a Porsche without that option.
Sponsored