BASE Taycan + $10,000 Must Have Options

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have to say that I tried, but I could only get to $11,810. Here is what I think must be included:
  • Adaptive Air Suspension. You'll need to be able to lower it for range, raise it for speed bumps, etc.
  • Rear Axle Steering. This is a wide and long car, and rear axle steering is a pretty big benefit, especially at low speeds.
  • 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger. I had no idea this was an option. I actually recalled it being standard on my car. But I see it is an option now on all of the model levels. I didn't remember specifying this as an option, but I have it.
I suppose you could quibble with the charger and just live with slower charging to get below $10k. I think, however, this is still quite bare bones, since there are no color choices or wheel choices. No drive mode selection, no Sport Plus suspension mode, heated steering wheel, etc.
The air suspension is really nice, but if you are really trying to keep the options down, your car will still function without it. Of these three things, it's by far the last-to-remove sort of option.

RAS is a really-nice-to-have option. I have it, and would order again, but it's not cheap, and a person buying a base Taycan probably doesn't have it on their current car and wont miss anything.

The 19.2kW charger is likely completely useless in the US. For one, it's not needed, and if you can figure out how to get that kind of charging setup at home, it's highly unlikely you are looking at the base model of anything.

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
I would take

20” turbo Aero wheels
Air suspension
panorama
Bose
Sport Crono
Power steering plus
ionizator
heat bump
etc,etc

bigger battery is very expensive and you get only +10% range.
Sponsored