JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Finally got my car back with a new look on the base rims. I like the look of the “fuller” rim but did not like the bright silver. Had the rims powder coated with a matte finish to match the trim on the car.
It’s the best $750 you can spend if you have the base rims and want a new look.

I hope you like it!

Here is the before and after pictures.

Porsche Taycan Base Wheels powder and clear coat complete - color change to black 6AB89835-1E5D-48CA-A2B7-95D27A5E9B42

Porsche Taycan Base Wheels powder and clear coat complete - color change to black B6009254-2637-4761-8B29-EFFA0E12ED01

Porsche Taycan Base Wheels powder and clear coat complete - color change to black 29EEBBF0-E44E-4809-BFC2-9BEBB250AAD6

Porsche Taycan Base Wheels powder and clear coat complete - color change to black A0862659-3B8D-465B-B5AA-2D87D6216545

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Those stock wheels are the most hideous thing I've ever seen...... almost look like plastic wheel covers on a Hyundai or something..... they look like they might fall off at any point. I dont care how aero they are........
The black looks pretty good..... much improved. Looks like the Tesla Model 3 wheel to my eye.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These look great JRNJTAYCAN! Is your car the "basic" black or the metallic one?
It is basic black, I first built it with metallic black but the SA and sales manager both talked me out of it saying that “classic” Porsche is not metallic. After walking around two different Porsche lots metallic was no were to be found, so I changed it. No regrets.

kokos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
It is basic black, I first built it with metallic black but the SA and sales manager both talked me out of it saying that “classic” Porsche is not metallic. After walking around two different Porsche lots metallic was no were to be found, so I changed it. No regrets.
It looks absolutely amazing -- I also picked base-black for my 4CT, but I couldn't see a high-res photo of it. So thanks for uploading yours!

electricbro

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wheels look great! Question: are you happy w/ that garage floor treatment? We had that quoted in our garage and was thinking of doing that but does it get really slippery when it gets wet? Any other issues w/ that garage floor getting dirty or hard to clean? Thanks.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It looks absolutely amazing -- I also picked base-black for my 4CT, but I couldn't see a high-res photo of it. So thanks for uploading yours!
You can’t go wrong, as you will learn it’s a head turner!

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wheels look great! Question: are you happy w/ that garage floor treatment? We had that quoted in our garage and was thinking of doing that but does it get really slippery when it gets wet? Any other issues w/ that garage floor getting dirty or hard to clean? Thanks.
It was the best thing I did after building this house. Don’t go the Home Depot or Lowes route. If you want to get it done right hire a professional commercial contractor. It’s not cheap but it’s done right! They grind the floor a good 1/2 or more then start the process. It will not flake or peel off.
With all the color flakes on the floor it has better grip then straight concrete when wet.
Take it from me….it’s a no brainer, just do it and you will love it as much as the car.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
This looks great thanks for the pics. If you have any more pics from a bit further back I would be interested to see also, just to see how they fit in with the overall car profile.

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
most of the time people forget that it IS an EV , thus aero counts (but of course I agree they could have done better job at the first place)
good job anyway
Sponsored