Battery continues heating after nav to DC cancelled?

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I set nav to EA chargers, but there were none available when I got there. The battery was at 101 F. I cancelled the nav and drove home to L2. The battery appeared to keep heating to 106 F. Is that expected? I would have thought no DC chargers on the route would mean the preconditioning would stop.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes it seems that once the battery heating has started, it will not switch off until there is too little power in main battery, or the temperature has been reached?

I had a very similar experience when the station that we navigated to, did not work with the Porsche Charging Service. And that was despite the car choosing that charging stop in the car Charging Planner!

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’ve noticed this too. I had a stopover on the route. The stopover was the EA charger. I had to cancel the whole navigation to stop the heating.

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve noticed this too. I had a stopover on the route. The stopover was the EA charger. I had to cancel the whole navigation to stop the heating.
Well for me, canceling the navigation didn’t stop the heating.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
After the UpDate I’m also noticing higher temperatures when fast charging. You?

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Yes it seems that once the battery heating has started, it will not switch off until there is too little power in main battery, or the temperature has been reached?

I had a very similar experience when the station that we navigated to, did not work with the Porsche Charging Service. And that was despite the car choosing that charging stop in the car Charging Planner!
Sincerely hope Porsche has people reading these forums. It's basically the best worldwide beta test feedback system they could ask for. Sigh.
Sponsored