Bay Area Dealership recommendations for Taycan service

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi Lucky taycan owners. I may purchase a taycan available from an out of area dealer based on what is out there and best meets my desired config and i was wondering if people had any recommendations on Bay Area dealers that know what they are doing with a taycan if it needs service. Monterey is an option for me too.
the online reviews are mostly all around 4/5 for most area dealers but that also includes sales and ICE service.
anybody over the moon with how a dealer has handled their taycan? Or, hopefully not, the opposite?
Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Lucky taycan owners. I may purchase a taycan available from an out of area dealer based on what is out there and best meets my desired config and i was wondering if people had any recommendations on Bay Area dealers that know what they are doing with a taycan if it needs service. Monterey is an option for me too.
the online reviews are mostly all around 4/5 for most area dealers but that also includes sales and ICE service.
anybody over the moon with how a dealer has handled their taycan? Or, hopefully not, the opposite?
Thanks,
Jeff
What town are you in?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I never serviced a Taycan there but I did service a 991.1 Targa 4S at Stevens Creek many times.

I have 100% confidence in them and was always happy with the work. Sometimes I think about driving from Dallas to the Bay Area just to get their service!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've used Carsen, er Redwood City for the Taycan and Macan service. Had 981 Boxster service at Stevens Creek once and I received the worst loaner car I've ever seen, a dirty (inside and out) 35000 mile Altima, as they just gave people rental cars then.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Re: Fremont Porsche. My next door neighbor has a 2021 911 Turbo S which he takes there all the way from Marin. He swears by them. As for me, I take my Taycan to Porsche Burlingame.
I had bad experiences (plural) at Burlingame both on sale and on multiple service visits (on a different model). I will never go back there even if they serviced my car for free. Also parking around the dealership is limited.

I go to Redwood city where I had a positive sales experience. Service is good when it comes to installing the software updates but they did not fix any of the rattles and sometimes they are busy so your car might be sitting on a lot for 1-2 days for its turn. They have always provided a loaner usually base Macan.

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had bad experiences (plural) at Burlingame both on sale and on multiple service visits (on a different model). I will never go back there even if they serviced my car for free. Also parking around the dealership is limited.

I go to Redwood city where I had a positive sales experience. Service is good when it comes to installing the software updates but they did not fix any of the rattles and sometimes they are busy so your car might be sitting on a lot for 1-2 days for its turn. They have always provided a loaner usually base Macan.
I hear you, Chris.

Personally, I've had good experiences in Burlingame, way better than in Marin which is only 10 miles from me. It's frustrating though about the lack of consistency from dealer to dealer and from service department to service department. I wish Porsche would exert more control over their dealer network and make the experience consistent from dealer to dealer, akin to visiting any Apple Store. Doing so would enhance the brand.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Anyone using Walnut Creek or Livermore dealerships?

I've found the sales teams to be friendly, but would like to understand if either is good for service.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’ve been training the EV tech’s at Steven’s Creek porsche— ROFL - but they know a lot of more about EV’s than average Porsche sales/tech’s

you’ll do fine with any of the bay area dealers.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Had my initial updates done at Porsche Livermore ( much closer to me ) but picked up my 4S from Porsche Redwood City.

Livermore got everything completed and provided a Macan loaner and were able to schedule me within a couple weeks vs Porsche Redwood City was backed up months.

No complaints for either place, just seems that Porsche RWC is much busier. Still waiting for my recall notice as I don't think it was covered yet.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Had my initial updates done at Porsche Livermore ( much closer to me ) but picked up my 4S from Porsche Redwood City.

Livermore got everything completed and provided a Macan loaner and were able to schedule me within a couple weeks vs Porsche Redwood City was backed up months.

No complaints for either place, just seems that Porsche RWC is much busier. Still waiting for my recall notice as I don't think it was covered yet.
If you don’t want a loaner, you can get an appt there much quicker. Otherwise it can be a wait

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Oh man. I ordered my CT from Marin, was going to have it service there too. Now I might have to goto Burlingame. I got my Cayenne from Burlingame, Hector my service guy was awesome, except now Burlingame is like 30 miles away.

-ThinkMac-

I hear you, Chris.

Personally, I've had good experiences in Burlingame, way better than in Marin which is only 10 miles from me. It's frustrating though about the lack of consistency from dealer to dealer and from service department to service department. I wish Porsche would exert more control over their dealer network and make the experience consistent from dealer to dealer, akin to visiting any Apple Store. Doing so would enhance the brand.
Sponsored