Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Although I’ve never driven the Bentley GT before I always admired them - anyone here cross shop these 2 cars or have any input on difference of driving dynamics or general input contrasting these 2 cars?
Sponsored

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
‘Chalk and Cheese’ - Bentley just luxury in abundance with nice fuel costs, Taycan more aimed at driver and an EV …..

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Bentley has their first EV coming soon and I believe they said they wanted to be all EV in a few years. I agree though, always liked the Bentley Continental convertible.

Googling: " Bentley will launch its first battery-electric model in 2025, and plan for 100% of its vehicles to be electric by 2030. "

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Bentley has their first EV coming soon and I believe they said they wanted to be all EV in a few years. I agree though, always liked the Bentley Continental convertible.

Googling: " Bentley will launch its first battery-electric model in 2025, and plan for 100% of its vehicles to be electric by 2030. "
Shame, have always liked their engine sound 😞

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick summary from experience Bentley GT
- feels a lot heavier
- not as quick accelerating (obviously)
- feels more luxurious
- will cost more to maintain

Obviously there is potentially a huge price difference - depending on the age and spec you're looking at.

Taycan is more sports biased.

Not very similar in most ways in my opinion. I think they suit very different use cases.

What do you plan to use it for?

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Yeah, Volkswagen have nice engines ;-)
lol….Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG)…… apples never fall too far from the tree….you know which company owns a large share of Porsche 😉

Draz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Jaguar F-Type R, Bentley SuperSports
Country flag
Although I’ve never driven the Bentley GT before I always admired them - anyone here cross shop these 2 cars or have any input on difference of driving dynamics or general input contrasting these 2 cars?
I own both currently and drive them both daily, so I may be qualified to comment. I like them both but for opposite reasons. The both do a similar task but in different ways.

The Taycan feels like the future, is exceptionally fast and whisper silent. I enjoy that it is loaded with tech and I feel drives more playfully, if that is a thing then my Bentley. I am more likely to take the long route home, or speed up thru curves in the taycan.

My Bentley Supersport on the other hand (is the older generation) is a thrilling car to drive but for other reasons. It feels solid like a vault or as if it were cast out of granite, everything in the car has weight and heft to it. The tech is mediocre but sufficient. The fit and finish is similar to the taycan but the quality of the materials is a leap ahead. The leather and carbon fiber and metal switches feel more solid and expensive. You find yourself feeling the materials by times when stuck in traffic on a call, which is something I never do in my taycan.

Driving dynamics wise the taycan wins hands down, but the twin turbo W12 is a monster power plant with power and torque everywhere. It’s fast and eager but you can feel the weight. For city driving and highway it’s sublime. It eats miles all day long but does not want to take a corner at 80% where the taycan that weighs more is eager and happy to do so.

To sum it up, the bentley is a very sporty luxury grand tourer, it’s fast and special and makes you feel like a million bucks.

The Taycan is a sports car trapped in a luxury sedan. It’s playful and quick and makes you feel like the future is now.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Continental is on the Pamamera platform, previous generation was a VW Phaeton.
The Bentley EV will probably be on the PPE platform.

Cars are becoming just different skin and badges.
Even the Rolls Royce Spectre is just an i7 with different skin

The Taycans J1 platform is its own beast. A sports car, the Bentley is a luxury cruiser.

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Quick summary from experience Bentley GT
- feels a lot heavier
- not as quick accelerating (obviously)
- feels more luxurious
- will cost more to maintain

Obviously there is potentially a huge price difference - depending on the age and spec you're looking at.

Taycan is more sports biased.

Not very similar in most ways in my opinion. I think they suit very different use cases.

What do you plan to use it for?
I own both currently and drive them both daily, so I may be qualified to comment. I like them both but for opposite reasons. The both do a similar task but in different ways.

The Taycan feels like the future, is exceptionally fast and whisper silent. I enjoy that it is loaded with tech and I feel drives more playfully, if that is a thing then my Bentley. I am more likely to take the long route home, or speed up thru curves in the taycan.

My Bentley Supersport on the other hand (is the older generation) is a thrilling car to drive but for other reasons. It feels solid like a vault or as if it were cast out of granite, everything in the car has weight and heft to it. The tech is mediocre but sufficient. The fit and finish is similar to the taycan but the quality of the materials is a leap ahead. The leather and carbon fiber and metal switches feel more solid and expensive. You find yourself feeling the materials by times when stuck in traffic on a call, which is something I never do in my taycan.

Driving dynamics wise the taycan wins hands down, but the twin turbo W12 is a monster power plant with power and torque everywhere. It’s fast and eager but you can feel the weight. For city driving and highway it’s sublime. It eats miles all day long but does not want to take a corner at 80% where the taycan that weighs more is eager and happy to do so.

To sum it up, the bentley is a very sporty luxury grand tourer, it’s fast and special and makes you feel like a million bucks.

The Taycan is a sports car trapped in a luxury sedan. It’s playful and quick and makes you feel like the future is now.
awesome, thank
You , what year is Bentley ?

Draz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Jaguar F-Type R, Bentley SuperSports
Country flag
awesome, thank
You , what year is Bentley ?
I have had a couple. The most recent was 2017 Speed which we traded in, and I still own my 2010 SuperSport as something about the early SuperSport and how skunk works it is speaks to me. The fact that they tossed carbon bucket seats out of the Veyron into it, with a giant carbon cross bar, giant ceramic brakes, heavy duty suspension and bigger turbos is fun in itself. Plus the car only has 24k miles on it as I rotate between several cars and don’t drive any one too much.

I recently took a 2022 Conti W12 for the weekend from my dealer as an extended test drive. Although a stunning car with top notch finishing, something was missing for me. It did not feel as special or vault like as my previous B cars. After the weekend when I took it back my wife was shocked I didn’t order one.

I am at the point in life where the enjoyment and smiles I get from driving a car are my primary focus. As of late the Taycan has been scratching the itch very well as I cannot ride motorcycles to meet clients or with a baby seat attached.
Sponsored