tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I hope you can make the trip - already looking forward to those fantastic trip reports and pictures!
Thank you to @tigerbalm for starting a positive post on an upcoming road trip! Looking forward to photos!
FWIW, in addition to the report and picture format of our summer road-trip, I am planning on making video a much bigger part of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgNdg1hsoyIntPjAQgz14eg/featured

Experimenting with the approach – but the aim is for a video format of the written report like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well the COVID restrictions have beaten us – just too restrictive to have a meaningful trip – and we don't want to be adding to any of the pressures countries are currently facing.

Hopefully we'll be able to reschedule relatively quickly in 2022.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Shafted by Omicron... along with everyone's plans for ski holidays and anything else for the next couple of months :(

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Until the next variant...we need to break this cycle somehow and I think that can only happen if we can get vaccination programmes massively increased in certain countries / continents - African continent for one - the rest of the world needs to step up and help these countries out otherwise living in a pandemic will become the norm for years to come.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not jealous at all!

That will get some amazing shots alright!

I do not know if you will hve the opportunity to try a charge at one of the Tesla Superchargers while you are on that trip. I guess you would need a Norwegian account in such case?? Would be interesting to hear if things work?

Last edited:

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not jealous at all!

I do not know if you will hve the opportunity to try a charge at one of the Tesla Superchargers while you are on that trip. I guess you would need a Norwegian account in such case?? Would be interesting to hear if things work?
I did look into it. You don't have to have just a Norwegian – but an account from any of these countries – from Tesla FAQ:

Porsche Taycan Bergen to Oslo in January Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 23.08.13

So you'd be covered! I was surprised to not see nearby countries like Sweden on the list.

Looking at the locations, its very much in Southern Norway where there are okay IONITY options for me. It would be much more compelling if I could access some more Northern ones – but they are not yet on the pilot list.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have managed to coax a ridiculous amount RFID tokens out of the likes of Mer, Fortum charge&drive, CircleK etc. Hopefully, I'll be charging like a local – bar having my DC charging port on the other side of the car! That might even work to my advantage at busy chargers!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Not jealous at all!

I don’t have my car yet but downloaded the Tesla app and installed in with my Belgian address. It shows the Norwegian super chargers and it looks like I would be able to charge. Looks like a good opportunity on his trip.
I installed the app because of SC being opened for all user in NL and F. I hope the rest of Europe will follow.

Porsche Taycan Bergen to Oslo in January D73B4DB3-6E43-4B89-99BB-B310640908BB

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have managed to coax a ridiculous amount RFID tokens out of the likes of Mer, Fortum charge&drive, CircleK etc. Hopefully, I'll be charging like a local – bar having my DC charging port on the other side of the car! That might even work to my advantage at busy chargers!
Do you have any comment on the use of a RFID card vs using an app. I already had a shell recharge card and will get the Porsche card. And ordered a Plugsurfing card . For Italy Enel X Juice pass I supposed to be best and for the part of Austria I am going Charge point. I have installed the apps on my phone and linked them to my credit card. It looks easier to have all different apps but I don’t know if it is a reliable as a rfid card.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have any comment on the use of a RFID card vs using an app. I already had a shell recharge card and will get the Porsche card. And ordered a Plugsurfing card . For Italy Enel X Juice pass I supposed to be best and for the part of Austria I am going Charge point. I have installed the apps on my phone and linked them to my credit card. It looks easier to have all different apps but I don’t know if it is a reliable as a rfid card.
I avoid app's where I can. Especially in remote area's you can have coverage issues on your mobile or the charger itself is acting "offline". I use RFID cards/tokens as much as possible. I do not have Plug&Charge on my car due to it being a MY21 with the 22kW AC option – where that capability was removed after car delivery.

I did have to use an app in Scotland recently and it was a bit hiss & miss vs using a token/card directly.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I avoid app's where I can. Especially in remote area's you can have coverage issues on your mobile or the charger itself is acting "offline". I use RFID cards/tokens as much as possible. I do not have Plug&Charge on my car due to it being a MY21 with the 22kW AC option – where that capability was removed after car delivery.

I did have to use an app in Scotland recently and it was a bit hiss & miss vs using a token/card directly.
Thanks !
Sponsored