Best Bose settings?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am a new Taycan 4S owner, the car has the Bose sound system. what are the best settings for the system? almost all my music is via spotify
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you’re in the front, try pushing the fade a touch towards the rear - the default with everything centred means the front speakers really overpower the rear and you don’t get the benefit of the rear speakers. Just my opinion!

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
I am a new Taycan 4S owner, the car has the Bose sound system. what are the best settings for the system? almost all my music is via spotify
Greatly appreciate people's thoughts on this too, I've been fiddling around for a week and still don't feel like I have a great setting. I also have Bose and use Spotify through wireless Apple Carplay.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I use Bass 5, Treble 3, surround sound, soundtrue and audiopilot.

I like the way Audiopilot works, but when you hit 120+ it gets a bit too loud.

Listening via Spotify over bluetooth, I set the volume to 18 when I get onto the motorway which seems to be about right for me most of the time. Also have the volume on my phone set to max.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
How many use the built in equalizer in the Spotify app instead of the Bose/Burmester treble/bass setting in the car?

Porsche Taycan Best Bose settings? CB6ED668-91C9-4988-BC58-26D97A19E103

Last edited:

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
There's an equaliser setting in the car with Bose?

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
What, is it drowning out the Police Sirens for you? :D
? Sorry I got confused with KMh there

And I never knew Spotify had its own equalizer. Several days of me messing up the sound now to follow...

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good advice pushing the fade back a bit, really brings out the bass in a nice way
Turning linear off makes the bass too boomy for me, what does linear do?

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
This is all good information, I love the Bose system in my 4S but am still trying to find the best settings (to my ears). More posts! More ideas!

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Good advice pushing the fade back a bit, really brings out the bass in a nice way
Turning linear off makes the bass too boomy for me, what does linear do?
I have a bit of an audio background so I'll share my guess: it likely applies a small amount of compression to the audio signal using a digital algorithm. In recordings this is used to "balance" the audible spectrum (between bass & treble) to reduce unpleasant differences, for example between a bass track (low) and cymbals or voice (high) on the other end.

I experimented with this setting in my Taycan and noticed it behaves in this manner. The 'boom' of low-end bass is reduced and everything sounds more even, less harsh.

For automotive applications this is typically a good thing, because NO car can ever replicate the extremely precise conditions of a proper listening room. Hi-Fi purists / audiophiles / recording engineers would likely agree.

Strangely, I have a Bose system in my 2016MB (well-loved) SUV, and it sounds very different than the Taycan. Not better, just different.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm interested in this topic as well and found this thread:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...and-questions-porsche-macan-bose-audio.16861/

I think it sort of confirmed my own suspicions which is that having any of the synthetic upmixing stuff is better left off if you want the most accurate representation of the original music.

I'm still experimenting, but for now I have all the proprietary Bose stuff off, with Treble and Bass boosted +3 as per someone else's suggestion earlier in the thread.
Sponsored