tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Inspired by the similar Bose thread, what's the best burmester settings?

I've found that I prefer the "out-of-the-box" setup best - change nothing:

Porsche Taycan Best Burmester settings? IMG_0018

Porsche Taycan Best Burmester settings? IMG_0014

Porsche Taycan Best Burmester settings? IMG_0015

Porsche Taycan Best Burmester settings? IMG_0016

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mostly listen to Apple Music via the built in app (90% of the time). I was a frequent user of Apple Music before this and love the integration. I'm very impressed with the quality of the streamed audio.

I've tested out some Apple Lossless recordings via USB stick and that firmed up my feelings that the Apple streams are really very good.

At home I've got a decent Bowers & Wilkins setup – so I'm fussy – but of course audio is very subjective.

I'm glad I spec'd the acoustic glass.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I mostly listen to Apple Music via the built in app (90% of the time). I was a frequent user of Apple Music before this and love the integration. I'm very impressed with the quality of the streamed audio.

I've tested out some Apple Lossless recordings via USB stick and that firmed up my feelings that the Apple streams are really very good.

At home I've got a decent Bowers & Wilkins setup – so I'm fussy – but of course audio is very subjective.

I'm glad I spec'd the acoustic glass.
How do you get the Apple Lossless on a USB if you don’t mind me asking? Is this part of the standard Apple Music subscription? TIA

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just meant that I "ripped" my CD collection using Music.app on my mac and set the codec to Apple Lossless. Like it was the 90s again!

An Apple Music subscription at a higher bitrate has been rumoured for a while but nothing yet.

However, they do hint a little at higher quality in the original Porsche Apple Music press-release:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/201...streaming-experience-entertainment-18405.html

For music lovers with a fine ear, Taycan drivers can pair a Burmester High-End Surround Sound System with Apple Digital Masters and enjoy studio-quality sound for an unparalleled listening experience in every journey. Apple Digital Masters delivers music as artists and sound engineers intend it to be heard.
It is unclear exactly what this means from a practical perspective. I suspect its just the way the sound engineering has been done with streaming in mind.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The real question though is the Burmester nearly $6K better than the Bose? To my ears (and I'm kind of an audiophile), no; that money would go further if spent on the Performance Package or nearly anything else in Porsche's myriad options.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The real question though is the Burmester nearly $6K better than the Bose? To my ears (and I'm kind of an audiophile), no; that money would go further if spent on the Performance Package or nearly anything else in Porsche's myriad options.
I agree. I didn't spec the Burmester for the car.. in fact, I didn't spec anything as I purchased it as a cancelled order. Whilst its a nice accessory, I wouldn't say it was great. I sat in a friends mustang the other day and he had a B&O system.. It knocks the Burmester into a cocked hat. The bass was smooth and strong, crystal clear highs but more impressive were the mids... I'm not sure of the cost of this system, but I would guess it's probably less than the Burmester. All of my Porches have had average audio at best.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Reviving this thread- curious what the Burmester guys have experimented with the settings.
Hows everyone liking the Auro 3D, i played around the settings for a bit, and havent found one that really stood out yet.

HarryB

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TurboS Gentian Blue
Country flag
My impressions of the Burmester in my Taycan........ Excellent....but the soundstage is not as deep and coherent as in my wife's Audi E-tron with the Bang and Olufsen. And if anything I was biased to believe the Burmester would be better. The bass is a bit tighter, but the soundstage isn't nearly as wide and deep. Love both but if I had to pick, I'd take the B&O. Pains me to say this. Oh, both are far superior to the Bose.
Sponsored