Best electricity tariff for EV switching today

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
So anyone else lost LTE for the FIRST time after using the Charge Anytime app ?
Sponsored

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Looks like octopus Intelligent may be en route for the Taycan. Wont let me click through but icon appeared.

Will be sticking with OVO AT for now as day rate still too high on octopus and being able to charge full battery at the cheap rate is so convenient!

Porsche Taycan Best electricity tariff for EV switching today IMG_3614

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Switching to Octopus Intelligent on my wife’s Evoque hybrId. Just got solar panels and a battery system which will minimise our higher rate usage. In the winter we can charge the batteries over night from the grid so I am hoping it will slash our electricity bills

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are now live on Intelligent Octopus on my wife’s hybrid Evoque. It kept throwing up errors but eventually we got there. The 7.5p/kWh for 6 hours overnight sold it to me. New solar panels and battery should mean minimal cost in sunny summer weather and in the winter we can charge the solar system batteries together with the cars on cheap electricity over night. If the intelligent charging doesn’t work it can be disabled in the app. Fingers crossed it will work well and save us a fortune. Never mind the cost of the cars!

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
We are now live on Intelligent Octopus on my wife’s hybrid Evoque. It kept throwing up errors but eventually we got there. The 7.5p/kWh for 6 hours overnight sold it to me. New solar panels and battery should mean minimal cost in sunny summer weather and in the winter we can charge the solar system batteries together with the cars on cheap electricity over night. If the intelligent charging doesn’t work it can be disabled in the app. Fingers crossed it will work well and save us a fortune. Never mind the cost of the cars!
What day rate are you paying at the moment?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What day rate are you paying at the moment?
39.5 day, 7.5 night for 6 hours. We use about 12kWh/day in the house and my wife’s car takes about the same. Then my car needs to charge. It’s a no brainer before we factor in solar system batteries. When these are factored in I think the saving will be huge. They can be grid charged over night in the winter. Standard rate is 32.5.

If you (or anyone) wants to switch, DM me and I will send you my referral code… then we each get £50 credited to our bills. What’s not to like?🙂

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
More OVO ChargeAnytime Kaluza problems. Today, the Kaluza servers seemed to loose connectivity to the Porsche servers for my account so that the app got stuck with stale information. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be any way to force the servers to reconnect. Nor does there appear to be a way to change the Porsche credentials in the Kaluza app for example when you change the password.

I phoned up the OVO ChargeAnytime support line for help. They told me to delete the Kaluza account and recreate it! *sigh* Of course, this did work but seems a bit extreme. I’ve now lost all the discount records etc from the previous account. At least it’s working again.

Oh, and it would be nice if the Kaluza servers would recognise that we are now using BST rather than GMT.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
More OVO ChargeAnytime Kaluza problems. Today, the Kaluza servers seemed to loose connectivity to the Porsche servers for my account so that the app got stuck with stale information. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be any way to force the servers to reconnect. Nor does there appear to be a way to change the Porsche credentials in the Kaluza app for example when you change the password.

I phoned up the OVO ChargeAnytime support line for help. They told me to delete the Kaluza account and recreate it! *sigh* Of course, this did work but seems a bit extreme. I’ve now lost all the discount records etc from the previous account. At least it’s working again.

Oh, and it would be nice if the Kaluza servers would recognise that we are now using BST rather than GMT.
Ah that's why my car charged to 100% and hasn't sent anything to the car all day!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

hi- just noticed my app says it’s not been updated since 6:14am. Just plugged the car in as a test and just started charging so no recognition. I’ve deleted the app and re installed but no difference. What do you mean delete the Kaluza account?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
hi- just noticed my app says it’s not been updated since 6:14am. Just plugged the car in as a test and just started charging so no recognition. I’ve deleted the app and re installed but no difference. What do you mean delete the Kaluza account?
Mine is updating, just not sending Timer or Profile to car

Porsche Taycan Best electricity tariff for EV switching today Screenshot_20230531_191934_Charge Anytime

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine is updating, just not sending Timer or Profile to car

Screenshot_20230531_191934_Charge Anytime.jpg
How do you know as would it if 100% full? Would it work if you needed it to charge ?
Mines showing this,

Porsche Taycan Best electricity tariff for EV switching today IMG_3681

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
How do you know as would it if 100% full? Would it work if you needed it to charge ?
Mines showing this,

IMG_3681.png
I can't be sure but last night it charged to 100% when set to 85% and no timer sent to thd car. I'll need to drive it to reduce soc and test again to work out if it is working now

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I can't be sure but last night it charged to 100% when set to 85% and no timer sent to thd car. I'll need to drive it to reduce soc and test again to work out if it is working now
Your app screenshot looks fine to me currently. If it’s plugged in presumably it would pause and that would show working ok in car and as per your app now. Just plugged mine in and just started charging so no comms at all which is in line with no comms to my car. Maybe the server went down causing your issue last night but luckily your app survived and reconnected?
Not sure what to do with mine. Luckily I dont need to charge tonight but will tomorrow so need to find resolution!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just found delete button so deleted and had to go through re install and link process again. Looks to have linked again but as said annoying losing all previous app data.

Porsche Taycan Best electricity tariff for EV switching today IMG_3682

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Just found delete button so deleted and had to go through re install and link process again. Looks to have linked again but as said annoying losing all previous app data.

IMG_3682.png
At least you are connected again. I've just taken screenshot of my data... just in case.

Mine is talking to thd car. I've just unplugged thd car and app updated to show unplugged... then plugged in and App updated.

Fingers crossed it will work OK next time i need it.