First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Good Morning Everyone,

Due to pick my Taycan up this weekend and have been looking at all the different companies who fit in the UK and was wondering who the best one is ?

The dealer has told me to get the Porsche charger through Anderson EV.

Thanks for your help in advance.

John
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Good Morning Everyone,

Due to pick my Taycan up this weekend and have been looking at all the different companies who fit in the UK and was wondering who the best one is ?

John
I have a PodPoint and that works OK - but is very basic. Most people seem to recommend Zappi - which has a lot more smart features.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Good Morning Everyone,

John
The Andersen is good from a design perspective - WIFI enabled, OTA updates, good smartphone s/w and allows the cable to be wrapped around the unit and hidden. So if externally mounted it looks nice but... its one of the most expensive charging units compared to others for feature/function etc so not sure its worth it.

If you have a possibility of needing multiple chargers from the same fuse spur ie sharing the power across multiple units in a parallel fashion, maybe take a look at Easee. Its compact, allows 3 units off the same power feed (but you of course get less output across 3 if all are in use) and the app is equally as good. It does not allow hiding of the cable though.

Good luck.

Reactions: DST

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I've had a PodPoint for the last 6 weeks and it does the job. If you have Solar or you're looking to charge at specific times during the night, then a Zappi or similar is the way to go.

Once I get my car, my plan is to mount the Porsche mobile charger inside my garage. So I will have a trickle charge overnight and a fast charger outside when I need it.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I have the EO Mini Home Smart and I very pleased with it as it is so discrete and small.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Zappi at home and Porsche charger at work. I really like the zappi, it’s got some great smart features and the app is great as well.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Wallbox “Pulsar plus” ... works well and lockable feature to charger head keeps everything safe (lead a bit untidy in most chargers though which a few suppliers manage well - Doesnt bother me)
Porsche Taycan Best home chargers UK CA8AF7B9-33AD-47DA-BE98-B15AF841FEB7

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Basic 6 year old BP Chargemaster for me 7.2kw and works a treat so far. I had it installed when I bought an i8 back in 2014. As long as its 7kw they are all the same bar a few design and app features. Zappi do good ones too.

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I too have an EO Mini which has been working great with the car for the last couple of weeks - normal charges up to 80% and a couple to 100% so far.

Also had a blue commando socket wired in but haven't yet tried it with the Porsche mobile connect charger.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Are you guys buying the unit and then getting an electrician to fit? I noticed Scottish power doing one fitted and they also include the olev grant within the price?
Sponsored