Best interior screen protector film for purchase?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Looking for a complete screen protector film set for the Taycan interior (sold by a US based retailer), just wondering if there are any cheaper high quality alternatives to the set offered by Suncoast Parts website

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

The options I found on Amazon seem like low quality garbage and I had zero results searching on eBay ?
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looking for a complete screen protector film set for the Taycan interior (sold by a US based retailer), just wondering if there are any cheaper high quality alternatives to the set offered by Suncoast Parts website

The options I found on Amazon seem like low quality garbage and I had zero results searching on eBay ?
Here are a couple of prior threads on this topic. That was just from a search on keyword "fingerprint", so I'm sure there are many more threads if these don't answer your question.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I bought a cheap console screen protector on Amazon and it wouldn't stick to the screen - complete garbage. My PPF installer put a piece of Xpel on it and it's flawless.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I bought a cheap console screen protector on Amazon and it wouldn't stick to the screen - complete garbage. My PPF installer put a piece of Xpel on it and it's flawless.
Don't you find it too sticky? The finger doesn't slide on the screen as well as with glass. I had to ask my installer to apply ceramic coating and it is a lot better, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've decided to buy one of those screen cleaning cloths to see how that worked before going with the screen protector.

Working fine so far - as unlike an ordinary cloth, It doesn't activate the screen when you use it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've decided to buy one of those screen cleaning cloths to see how that worked before going with the screen protector.

Working fine so far - as unlike an ordinary cloth, It doesn't activate the screen when you use it.
Good. I have a small microfiber kept in the door that I use for screens - even Xpel covered center screen.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Don't you find it too sticky? The finger doesn't slide on the screen as well as with glass. I had to ask my installer to apply ceramic coating and it is a lot better, but I probably wouldn't do it again.
I decided to only cover the gloss dash area with XPEL because I was worried it would be sticky. Glass is also very durable.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I installed this set from suncoast - no issues at all. Adheres well, easy to clean, fits almost perfectly and smooth to the touch. You an also reset it if you can't get it aligned the first time. Install in full sunlight (I have black interior) and don't pull the backing off until you lay it on the screen - otherwise, you might get a fingerprint on the corner....like I did.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
My A7 has 3 screens and I just use a microfibre cloth every few days - they haven't scratched or show any permanent marks in 2 years - takes less than a minute..

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

I love the look of the screens in an unprotected state. You can pick up a $20 bottle of screen cleaner with a micro fiber cloth at any Best Buy and remove fingerprints in 10 seconds. Unless you have exceptionally long fingernails (not that there is anything wrong with that) I wouldn’t worry about putting plastic protection on the screens.
Sponsored