johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
He told me that the adhesive isn’t meant to be reused once the letters are taken off, and also that the spacing and placement of all the letters is nearly impossible to get back on exactly the way it was (since there’s no guide with the existing letters - a new set has that guide). I can understand both points - I did PPF on a Tesla model Y and the rear spoiler didn’t stick down again well after that.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yes it’s true you can reuse them but they don’t stick as well. I bought new turbo S lettering after PPF for around $250ish I think at suncoast. I figured it was Cheep enough for a $225k car and a $8000 ppf

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have no experience with PPF (outside of watching a few Youtube videos), but I thought they cut the PPF so that it fits around the emblems. I was under the impression it’s a computerized process. If they just glue the new emblems on the PPF will the adhesion hold? Isn’t PPF meant to repel dirt and - one assumes - anything that would try to stick to the film?

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have no experience with PPF (outside of watching a few Youtube videos), but I thought they cut the PPF so that it fits around the emblems. I was under the impression it’s a computerized process. If they just glue the new emblems on the PPF will the adhesion hold? Isn’t PPF meant to repel dirt and - one assumes - anything that would try to stick to the film?
He offered to do that, but there would be a slight 1mm gap around the emblem that would make it easier for dirt to collect and stick. I think that’s why they prefer sticking new emblems on.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Leave em off. Clean look + you have the 'GTS' on the side skirts. (unless you optioned them out)
Sponsored