Best route planner for “arrival state of charge” ?

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Going to be taking a road trip soon (first one in the Taycan), and wondering what the best app/route planner is to easily make sure I arrive to my final destination above a specific state of charge (going to a location where once I arrive and check into the hotel, I need to promptly drive around that city and there aren’t a ton of chargers in the city itself).

I pulled up the ABRP app and saw an option for arrival state of charge, but it was for the arrival at every charger on the route… not the final destination. Saw nothing in the MyPorsch app either.

Any/all direction would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am pretty sure you can set arrival SoC in the PCM default charge planner

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I am pretty sure you can set arrival SoC in the PCM default charge planner
Got it - I will check that! Of course they would make it available in the car… But not in the app that’s tied to the car… :rolleyes:

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Where are you headed on your first road trip? Arrival state of charge might not even matter if you are headed on a route that has numerous chargers along the way, or if you have access to chargers at your final destination.

I have done 30,000 highway miles in two different Taycans since May, 2020, and can tell you that the car does a good job of calculating arrival state of charge. Keep the speed under control, watch the arrival percentage figures, charge 5% or 7% over what the car recommends as a buffer, and you will should be fine.

Enjoy the trip.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Got it - I will check that! Of course they would make it available in the car… But not in the app that’s tied to the car… :rolleyes:
Depending upon the distance between the last charging stop on your trip and the destination, you may or may not be able to arrive with your desired SoC if you rely only on "free" EA chargers. On a recent trip to Vermont the last EA charger on the route was 63 miles from my Airbnb destination. That translated to a maximum arrival SoC of about 60% given the temperature and driving conditions.

I brought the portable Porsche charger along on the trip, but I was not prepared to deal with an improperly wired 110v outlet in the Airbnb garage. Fortunately, the second outlet I tried worked and I was able to charge enough for our daily power usage as well as the trip back to an EA charger.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I snapped a photo of the option for you this morning, uncheck "set automatically" and you can then set a percentage.

Porsche Taycan Best route planner for “arrival state of charge” ? Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 11.03.47 AM

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Going to be taking a road trip soon (first one in the Taycan), and wondering what the best app/route planner is to easily make sure I arrive to my final destination above a specific state of charge (going to a location where once I arrive and check into the hotel, I need to promptly drive around that city and there aren’t a ton of chargers in the city itself).

I pulled up the ABRP app and saw an option for arrival state of charge, but it was for the arrival at every charger on the route… not the final destination. Saw nothing in the MyPorsch app either.

Any/all direction would be much appreciated!
Porsche Charging Planner perfect for the task. Better still if you have the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM).

All built into the standard PCM Nav (and config options).

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I find ABRP is easier to use than the PCM and myporsche app for trip planning. Gives more information on chargers and easier to choose where you want to stop. You can set the arrival SoC by editing your destination. I also found setting the reference consumption to 250 (in advanced settings) matched my real life consumption.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I find ABRP is easier to use than the PCM and myporsche app for trip planning. Gives more information on chargers and easier to choose where you want to stop. You can set the arrival SoC by editing your destination. I also found setting the reference consumption to 250 (in advanced settings) matched my real life consumption.
For me it's a combination.
I use ABRP for the big picture, then the PCP for the actual drive.
And PlugShare to make sure the charger works/is safe/etc.

I found that taking the ABRP route (which was EA only) added many more miles and much more time than letting the car figure it out.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
For me it's a combination.
I use ABRP for the big picture, then the PCP for the actual drive.
And PlugShare to make sure the charger works/is safe/etc.

I found that taking the ABRP route (which was EA only) added many more miles and much more time than letting the car figure it out.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is ABRP?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks very much. Does this app work with or instead of the PCM navigation or CarPlay?
Im actually not sure if it has turn by turn navigation at all. I use it for pre-trip big picture planning, and use the PCM charge planner to make the drive.

‘it’s useful for estimating where you’ll need to stop for the day.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
The iOS app has ‘advanced settings’ and if you enable those you can select the SOC for destination under Battery.
Sponsored