Best service center in the Bay Area (Summer 2022 Edition)?

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have not had great experiences at Burlingame or Redwood City, but to be fair, I'm very particular and have high expectations. I have recurring issues that those service centers have not been able to resolve: rattles, Sirius XM issues, Rear Park Assist error messages, etc. Is there a service center in the Bay Area (maybe 30-40 miles max from SF) that you would recommend? Thank you.
Sponsored

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I bought and take my car to Porsche Marin. They provide excellent service. Takes a while to get there though from the peninsula (especially going past the city... hate that part). They were able to resolve my rattling issues, fix a recent glass issue under warranty, and I even got my second key! Best part to me is that they're very upfront in setting my expectations as a customer.

I haven't tried other dealers, so I can't speak about others.

OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I bought and take my car to Porsche Marin. They provide excellent service. Takes a while to get there though from the peninsula (especially going past the city... hate that part). They were able to resolve my rattling issues, fix a recent glass issue under warranty, and I even got my second key! Best part to me is that they're very upfront in setting my expectations as a customer.

I haven't tried other dealers, so I can't speak about others.
Thanks for the recommendation! I called them today and made an appointment. They were very friendly, knowledgeable, and were able to get me in during the week I was looking for.

Last edited:

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Had my first experience with Stevens Creek, they're just down the road so I'll try to give updates as I can! So far, no issues and a very kind SA (Troy)

OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There doesn't seem to be a consensus here, but thank you for the suggestions! I searched the forums and Yelp and Porsche Stevens Creek looks like a good option.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Porsche of Fremont. Gunter runs a tight ship over there.
No he doesn't.

My SA has absolutely horrific communication. She only replies to me MAYBE once per day. I would expect replies within 2-3 hours of questions. For status updates they are always vague and don't provide real information.

Last time my car was there for a significant service issue, it took them 3 days after they finished with it to bring it back to me.

That said, they are also doing my upgrade now, and I was the first they did, so lets see how that goes :). (I was also the first they did with the 2021, and that ended up taking a week because it kept failing)

Have any of you done the maintenance yet at one of these dealers? What do they charge? Was it worth it?

I've had EVs for years and only ever did tire rotations. Porsche wants it checked at the two year mark, which will be in a week for me. I'm considering just having them do it while they have the car.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Its $875 for the maintenance FYI, its just a brake fluid change and cabin air filter change. That is an absurd price for that.

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who is your SA? And have you ever brought this up with Gunter? Whenever I’ve had any issue, he’s been responsive in addressing.

No he doesn't.

My SA has absolutely horrific communication. She only replies to me MAYBE once per day. I would expect replies within 2-3 hours of questions. For status updates they are always vague and don't provide real information.

Last time my car was there for a significant service issue, it took them 3 days after they finished with it to bring it back to me.

That said, they are also doing my upgrade now, and I was the first they did, so lets see how that goes :). (I was also the first they did with the 2021, and that ended up taking a week because it kept failing)

Have any of you done the maintenance yet at one of these dealers? What do they charge? Was it worth it?

I've had EVs for years and only ever did tire rotations. Porsche wants it checked at the two year mark, which will be in a week for me. I'm considering just having them do it while they have the car.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Following for the recs as well.
Is this service even necessary?

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Michelle. I've not.
Ah, she’s relatively new. She replaced Gary a few years ago, who was my primary SA. I haven’t been back in a while, since we moved to Texas.

If it were me, I would bring it up with Gunter. He’s attentive and cares about these sort of things.

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
TxnBluDvi- I may have to take your advice. I also go to Fremont and my SA is Monica I. and she keeps me waiting on call backs and/or question I've asked days ago. Unfortunately its only the two SA they have.

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, that’s a bummer. Still haven’t been back since we left the state.
Sponsored