Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Based on your experience, which trunk liner mat works best for the Taycan? Suncoast? WeatherTech? Anything else? Thanks.
Sponsored

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I have the Porsche liner in the rear but found that the frunk liner from Porsche didn't fit and I returned it. Here's another thread on this.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-front-trunk-liner-frunk-from-suncoast-review.3150/

I like the Porsche rear liner but if I were doing it again, I'd probably just go for the weathertech liners in frunk and back.

One other bit of input, if you decide to go for the Porsche liners, I'd suggest just getting them at your local Porsche dealer vs Suncoast. The Suncoast ones are just the standard Porsche mats and you'll pay shipping to get them from Suncoast. In my case, I ordered the frunk liner from Suncoast and paid shipping to have it delivered and then had to pay shipping again to ship it back.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the WeatherTech frunk liner waiting at the post office for me. I could show its quirks and features sometime by tomorrow.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think it will score well on the daily category but poorly on the weekend category.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
A twin sized mattress fits nicely. 3” memory foam is about the highest you’ll want to go.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A twin sized mattress fits nicely. 3” memory foam is about the highest you’ll want to go.
And for once, the complaints at this forum about the trunk light being too weak would not matter that much.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Right. I finally remembered to pick up the damn frunk liner and it's pretty flimsy and doesn't fit properly. I wouldn't say it's worth the money I paid for it (1500 NOK approx. €150) but it keeps the frunk protected from the blue rat's nest.
Porsche Taycan Best trunk liner mat for Taycan? IMG_8150

Porsche Taycan Best trunk liner mat for Taycan? IMG_8151

Porsche Taycan Best trunk liner mat for Taycan? IMG_8152

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right. I finally remembered to pick up the damn frunk liner and it's pretty flimsy and doesn't fit properly. I wouldn't say it's worth the money I paid for it (1500 NOK approx. €150) but it keeps the frunk protected from the blue rat's nest.
IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg
Thanks!

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Frunk liner abover looks very flimsy.

Pulled the trigger today and ordered both trunk and frunk liner from Porsche at my dealer to have them installed directly when I pick up the car. I'm going to be driving this car for some years so I'm gonna try to keep it nice.

In my opinion, at the end od the day, the OEM stuff always comes up best. And at 169Euro for the OEM and 130euro or so + transport for the aftermarket trunk liner and 120euro for the OEM frunk liner and 110euro + transport for the aftermarket the difference is small. I'm not gonna try to save 50euro to have 2 bad fitting liners for several years. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just wanted something to protect the floor, so I thought the Porsche liner was a little overkill and since WeatherTech has a reputation for laser precision, I thought it would be perfect. We will see if it fits better after some time.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg
This is odd. Did you order it directly from Weathertech? I have the frunk liner from Weathertech and it fits perfectly. I have the Porsche trunk liner from Suncoast and it is not as nice. It is much more rigid (Suncoast had to send me a second one because the first one got creased during shipment). The Weathertech trunk liner was not available until recently (only the frunk). If given the choice I would order the Weathertech liners.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Based on your experience, which trunk liner mat works best for the Taycan? Suncoast? WeatherTech? Anything else? Thanks.
I have the SunCoast liner in the trunk. Fits right and serves it's purpose.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Did you order it directly from Weathertech? I have the frunk liner from Weathertech and it fits perfectly.
I did not, but since I ordered from a Norwegian webstore, I didn't think they would sell a fake product (which I am not suspecting it to be).

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
This is odd. Did you order it directly from Weathertech? I have the frunk liner from Weathertech and it fits perfectly. I have the Porsche trunk liner from Suncoast and it is not as nice. It is much more rigid (Suncoast had to send me a second one because the first one got creased during shipment). The Weathertech trunk liner was not available until recently (only the frunk). If given the choice I would order the Weathertech liners.
Could you include picture of your WeatherTech drunk liner, please?
Sponsored