lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
This is the messages on many EA chargers from Vegas on the I15 north in the last two days.

I’m not sure how it does improve service by reducing the power to 66kw on those chargers.
Porsche Taycan Better service from EA F258E7B3-BB81-4816-9912-036E584FCD9B
Sponsored

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I see that frequently here on the east coast. Just the other day in Naples Fl a charger had that message displayed. Maybe they are doing updates to the whole inventory.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
There’s 4 ea chargers by me, 2 are 350 and literally one has been reduced to 50 kwh for over a month. The other one is down half the time as well. The ea service guy was out there yesterday and still both 350s were down today. Plus the amount of Evs on the road over the last 6 months is crazy. There’s always a line to charge. There needs to be a serious upgrade to the charger network and more support staff to fix them. Why a charger takes over a month to “update” is garbage, and I call them to report every time things are down to see if they can reboot but I’m yet to have that not be a total waste of time. They do make a ticket to fix 🤨

OP
OP

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
There’s 4 ea chargers by me, 2 are 350 and literally one has been reduced to 50 kwh for over a month. The other one is down half the time as well. The ea service guy was out there yesterday and still both 350s were down today. Plus the amount of Evs on the road over the last 6 months is crazy. There’s always a line to charge. There needs to be a serious upgrade to the charger network and more support staff to fix them. Why a charger takes over a month to “update” is garbage, and I call them to report every time things are down to see if they can reboot but I’m yet to have that not be a total waste of time. They do make a ticket to fix 🤨
I have the feeling that the grid can’t provide this amount of power. 150kw is about the consumption of 30 houses during summer. 270kw is equivalent of 54 houses. This is only for a house consuming 5kw per hours during peak hours.
I believe the BS update will be done in a month once the temperature drop a bit. Better to start installing solar panels on The house.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
better service is imperative.
about a year ago on a road trip I encountered a four unit location with three of the four units out, I am planning the same trip and consulted plugshare which is reporting that the situation hasn't changed.
what exactly is going on with EA?
Sponsored