Bike rack not available - still no ETA

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
I'm getting close to one year after my car's delivery, the bike rack is still not in sight, although Porsche is heavily advertising it as one of the best feature of the Cross Turismo (which really is). It was one of the things that made me decide for the CT.
Now my dealer says that despite having open a few tickets with them, Porsche is not providing an ETA of any sort. As spring is here, I'd like to use my bikes.
Did anyone purchase this bike rack or has an alternative?
Sponsored

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm getting close to one year after my car's delivery, the bike rack is still not in sight, although Porsche is heavily advertising it as one of the best feature of the Cross Turismo (which really is). It was one of the things that made me decide for the CT.
Now my dealer says that despite having open a few tickets with them, Porsche is not providing an ETA of any sort. As spring is here, I'd like to use my bikes.
Have you actually placed an order or are you just waiting for it to come into your dealer?

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
I've used the seasucker bike mounts on two previous vehicles - a 718 Cayman followed by a Carrera T - and plan to use them on my Taycan (when I take delivery this Friday :)). Never had a problem with them. That said, clearly this solution is less secure than racks.

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
I've used the seasucker bike mounts on two previous vehicles - a 718 Cayman followed by a Carrera T - and plan to use them on my Taycan (when I take delivery this Friday :)). Never had a problem with them. That said, clearly this solution is less secure than racks.
Pretty sure Ken Block is rocking a suction cup based cargo box on his etron GT RS that he took around Laguna Seca so it’s dependent on some things like checking the cups regularly.

There is a Chinese company with an automated system that will detect low pressure and automatically pump the air out. Not sure if it’s in production yet.

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Have you actually placed an order or are you just waiting for it to come into your dealer?
I asked the dealer if I can place a quote. Do you suggest ordering online directly might be successful?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have the factory bike carrier & am not happy with it. Much discussion on the Forum as to this alternative which I consider to be better than the factory rack - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/custom-rear-bike-rack-installed-with-1up-trays.8777/

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I canceled my order yesterday. I will build it as describe in an other tread. Pretty simple to do. Kind of.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have had the factory bike carrier since November - and love it!!!
I also loved mine for awhile. It is currently at the Dealer awaiting a repair kit from Porsche. Will most likely return it and go with the 1Up option.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I also loved mine for awhile. It is currently at the Dealer awaiting a repair kit from Porsche. Will most likely return it and go with the 1Up option.
Is there a 1-up option for the rear? I haven't seen that and it is not shown in the tequipment catalogue.