Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
One of my favorite rides myself. I would suggest Loma Mar Store & Kitchen for your next ride. It’s got great burgers and it’s a very out of the way destination that feels a bit special.
Sponsored

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Congrats you guys! That looks like it was a really great day.

p.s. I'm so jealous you have Peet's Coffee. It's my fave, and unfortunately extremely difficult to get in Canada. Hmm ... maybe I'll have to drive across the border to get a couple pounds of beans. :)

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Last Sunday (August 15) was my birthday. About a week before, my wife asked me what I wanted to do for my special day. I looked nervously at the ground and considered my words. No matter how I couched this, it wasn't going to be easy for her to hear. "I'd like to drive my car in the manner for which it was designed. Fast and on lots of curves." Now, you have to understand that just pulling out of my driveway with her in the passenger seat, and then doing the turn to get driving in the right direction might induce motion sickness. So what I was, in effect, asking for on my birthday was to do something that wouldn't include her. Graciously, however, she thought that would be fun for me and said something along the lines of, "As long as we can do something later in the day." Deal.

So I texted a few of my friends I've made here on TaycanForum and asked if they would like to join me for a route I selected. To my delight, they all said "yes" immediately. Like no hesitation. Of course they would come!

Capture(1).jpg

This is the route. Some of you may have taken these roads before. I chose it because it has lots of twists and turns and curves and hills and oh my, it's a really fun route. Most of the beginning of the route is fairly heavily trafficked as we head to a very popular meeting place in the hills behind Woodside, Alice's Restaurant. The place is popping with motorcyclists, car enthusiasts and looky-loos. Getting there for this road trip was a bit on the frustrating side because a) the two motorcyclists in front of us wouldn't yield or speed up, and b), there was heavy construction at two points, causing all traffic to come to complete stops. I was optimistic that once we got past Alice's and headed toward San Gregorio State Beach, that would change. It did get better, but it wasn't yet great.

Sunday comes and we all meet in a small parking lot behind a Peet's Coffee in Los Altos.
20210815_100631.jpg

Left Taycan, mine. Right Taycan, daveo4EV. In the background, that's Daveo4EV, Reg, and Ron_B from right to left.

20210815_100741.jpg

Ron_B's car left. Reg's car right.

20210815_103726.jpg
20210815_104014.jpg

Here we were, stuck behind traffic lights as the 2 lane road became 1. Those two motorcyclists were a couple, and they were, unfortunately, slow.

20210815_114923.jpg

San Gregorio Beach parking lot. Thanks to Daveo4EV, we all got entrance and of course had to pose the cars. It wasn't exactly the most scenic parking lot, so we didn't stay long.

20210815_120242.jpg
20210815_120352.jpg

It wasn't the clearest sky (fires in the state of California + famous foggy coast lines) but it was still very nice. Here we were just down the road a few miles at Pescadero State Beach. As we positioned the cars (took a few minutes), someone behind me was taking pictures of the cars. It seemed that everywhere we went, heads turned. Maybe it's that distinctive Taycan sound. More than likely, it was that the cars are simply beautiful.

20210815_121918.jpg

Heading back inland, we stopped at a wine tasting "farm." We didn't buy or drink any wine, but we thought it a nice place to stop and take another photo. From here, until we got to our final destination, it was heaven. Rarely was a car in front of us, so we got to open it up. We climbed up the windy hills and then drove on an extremely narrow and windy road called Alpine Rd. In the video below, you will see it as the last clip.

And speaking of the two minute video, I shot it while holding my phone, while driving. That was stupid. And dangerous. And really could only be done when the conditions were mild (perhaps even boring). So forgive the silliness and poor quality. I didn't edit it. I simply merged 4 videos into one. The last clip, as I just mentioned, was Alpine Road. It was when we were just getting started on that road, which proved to me, to be the perfect road to go as fast as you can while a turn is nearly upon you as soon as the last one ended.

Fast driving + Very curvy road + 1 lane (bi-direction) + low margin for error = exhilarating

It had the added benefit of being beautiful, what with the Redwood Trees and gorgeous views of canyons and mountains. This was the only time since I bought my Taycan (I call her Farrah), where I was able to get the tires to screech. This went on for miles and miles. To the extent I had an indelible smile on my face at the end of this drive, it was mainly because of this portion of the trip. We ended on Skyline and then Highway 9 leading to downtown Saratoga, where we all ate lunch.

Lastly...
20210815_141552.jpg

That's me in the back corner, Ron to my right. Against the window is Dave, and closest to the camera is Reg.

Thank you all for such a fabulous trip. It really made my birthday great!
Happy birthday in arrears!!

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Last Sunday (August 15) was my birthday. About a week before, my wife asked me what I wanted to do for my special day. I looked nervously at the ground and considered my words. No matter how I couched this, it wasn't going to be easy for her to hear. "I'd like to drive my car in the manner for which it was designed. Fast and on lots of curves." Now, you have to understand that just pulling out of my driveway with her in the passenger seat, and then doing the turn to get driving in the right direction might induce motion sickness. So what I was, in effect, asking for on my birthday was to do something that wouldn't include her. Graciously, however, she thought that would be fun for me and said something along the lines of, "As long as we can do something later in the day." Deal.

So I texted a few of my friends I've made here on TaycanForum and asked if they would like to join me for a route I selected. To my delight, they all said "yes" immediately. Like no hesitation. Of course they would come!

Capture(1).jpg

This is the route. Some of you may have taken these roads before. I chose it because it has lots of twists and turns and curves and hills and oh my, it's a really fun route. Most of the beginning of the route is fairly heavily trafficked as we head to a very popular meeting place in the hills behind Woodside, Alice's Restaurant. The place is popping with motorcyclists, car enthusiasts and looky-loos. Getting there for this road trip was a bit on the frustrating side because a) the two motorcyclists in front of us wouldn't yield or speed up, and b), there was heavy construction at two points, causing all traffic to come to complete stops. I was optimistic that once we got past Alice's and headed toward San Gregorio State Beach, that would change. It did get better, but it wasn't yet great.

Sunday comes and we all meet in a small parking lot behind a Peet's Coffee in Los Altos.
20210815_100631.jpg

Left Taycan, mine. Right Taycan, daveo4EV. In the background, that's Daveo4EV, Reg, and Ron_B from right to left.

20210815_100741.jpg

20210815_103726.jpg
20210815_104014.jpg

Here we were, stuck behind traffic lights as the 2 lane road became 1. Those two motorcyclists were a couple, and they were, unfortunately, slow.

20210815_114923.jpg

San Gregorio Beach parking lot. Thanks to Daveo4EV, we all got entrance and of course had to pose the cars. It wasn't exactly the most scenic parking lot, so we didn't stay long.

20210815_120242.jpg
20210815_120352.jpg

It wasn't the clearest sky (fires in the state of California + famous foggy coast lines) but it was still very nice. Here we were just down the road a few miles at Pescadero State Beach. As we positioned the cars (took a few minutes), someone behind me was taking pictures of the cars. It seemed that everywhere we went, heads turned. Maybe it's that distinctive Taycan sound. More than likely, it was that the cars are simply beautiful.

20210815_121918.jpg

Heading back inland, we stopped at a wine tasting "farm." We didn't buy or drink any wine, but we thought it a nice place to stop and take another photo. From here, until we got to our final destination, it was heaven. Rarely was a car in front of us, so we got to open it up. We climbed up the windy hills and then drove on an extremely narrow and windy road called Alpine Rd. In the video below, you will see it as the last clip.

And speaking of the two minute video, I shot it while holding my phone, while driving. That was stupid. And dangerous. And really could only be done when the conditions were mild (perhaps even boring). So forgive the silliness and poor quality. I didn't edit it. I simply merged 4 videos into one. The last clip, as I just mentioned, was Alpine Road. It was when we were just getting started on that road, which proved to me, to be the perfect road to go as fast as you can while a turn is nearly upon you as soon as the last one ended.

Fast driving + Very curvy road + 1 lane (bi-direction) + low margin for error = exhilarating

It had the added benefit of being beautiful, what with the Redwood Trees and gorgeous views of canyons and mountains. This was the only time since I bought my Taycan (I call her Farrah), where I was able to get the tires to screech. This went on for miles and miles. To the extent I had an indelible smile on my face at the end of this drive, it was mainly because of this portion of the trip. We ended on Skyline and then Highway 9 leading to downtown Saratoga, where we all ate lunch.

Lastly...
20210815_141552.jpg

That's me in the back corner, Ron to my right. Against the window is Dave, and closest to the camera is Reg.

What a great trip and how cool to do it with three other cars! I bet you guys were turning heads that day.

One comment and please don't take this the wrong way. After seeing the front plate on the bummer of the red car I am so glad I chance getting a ticket by not putting it on my car. I just don't like the look of it.

Reactions: B61

OP
OP
BayAreaKen

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
What a great trip and how cool to do it with three other cars! I bet you guys were turning heads that day.

One comment and please don't take this the wrong way. After seeing the front plate on the bummer of the red car I am so glad I chance getting a ticket by not putting it on my car. I just don't like the look of it.
Sometimes law enforcement makes you put it there!

But yeah, this car looks better without it!

Reactions: B61

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Sometimes law enforcement makes you put it there!

But yeah, this car looks better without it!
Here is the story I have been using, maybe it will work with you if needed.

Officer, I have my front plate with me but like everything else in this world right now I am waiting for the plate holder to come in from the dealer. They keep saying they have a suppler shortage and as you can see on my front bummer there is no way to mount it until the bracket comes in.

Works every time.

OP
OP
BayAreaKen

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Here is the story I have been using, maybe it will work with you if needed.

Officer, I have my front plate with me but like everything else in this world right now I am waiting for the plate holder to come in from the dealer. They keep saying they have a suppler shortage and as you can see on my front bummer there is no way to mount it until the bracket comes in.

Works every time.
They would still give the "fix it ticket"

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Great read - did you not think about wearing your birthday suit ? 😂

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Epic drive, epic cars,…epic birthday!
congrats & many happy returns (without making movies while driving!)

edit: just noticed thst was last August, 15….so back in 2021
are you going to reunion this Sundy? More Taycans in the neighbourhood?

Last edited:

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag

Capture(1).jpg

20210815_100631.jpg

20210815_100741.jpg

20210815_103726.jpg
20210815_104014.jpg

20210815_114923.jpg

20210815_120242.jpg
20210815_120352.jpg

20210815_121918.jpg

Lastly...
20210815_141552.jpg

Did you have to charge? If so where do you do it. I’m in half moon bay and would have joined!