JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why this nonsense. If we all treated and configured our car in the same way, this figure would be 60%. But luckily this is not the case. That is why I can imagine that Porsche is taking this risk. Until this really goes wrong, then they intervene.
Your arguments on this have the same credibility as the Teslarati article. Maybe even less as they are known to be biased but you seem to be representing yourself as some sort of honest broker dealing with facts, which you aren't. Just conjecture and speculation.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If it is a Porsche employee (generally low-educated personnel), you cannot expect him/her to be able to collect the right kind of evidence. If they leave the factory they are being checked from top to bottom on taking things out of the factory. In contrast, the whistleblower at Facebook was one of the senior staff.

If they are so low-educated, why the heck would you listen to them when they spout all this inconsistent nonsense without providing any proof?

the whistleblower at Facebook was one of the senior staff.
That is a lie. She was a product manager on one of the many teams in Facebook.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Whistleblower is paying too much respect to this person if there is one. The term whistleblower implies something is wrong, and in this case there is nothing wrong. Axegrinder would be more appropriate.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
If they are so low-educated, why the heck would you listen to them when they spout all this inconsistent nonsense without providing any proof?

That is a lie. She was a product manager on one of the many teams in Facebook.
Let me tell you this; The people that know what is really going on, are the people on the floor and not in the offices. Keep in mind, that workers are really standing for the safety en quality of the product. The management is only working to satisfy the stakeholders and not for the safety en quality.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
If no risk then there is no issue...Oke.
My question was an honest one. I have an open mind for any fact, but I lost the thread of this back&forth. Are you referring to the risk that Porsche covertly replaces damaged battery cells without telling the car’s owner? Or to the risk of us owners getting screwed over surprisingly unreasonable battery warranty conditions? Ik sta open om het beter te begrijpen….

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let me tell you this; The people that know what is really going on, are the people on the floor and not in the offices.
And yet this "low-educated" person can not provide any proof. Maybe he is so "low-educated" that he doesn't know what is really going on and is only spreading rumors.

You clearly are trolling and not interested in real discussion, so I am done with you.

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I‘m no expert at all but if there is a safety problem with a vehicle and it’s repaired in stealth mode without informing owners I would imagine huge penalties are triggered. Add on that we’re talking Volkswagen I would think that fact either directly or indirectly that fact would cause an even bigger response. Dieselgate and all that business. I only bring up this point because I was watching a video recently that Tesla was being questioned about having done this via OTA updates. I’m not picking on Tesla, that’s who the story was about.

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Indeed, Porsche does have a real problem with the Taycan. They cannot make enough of them to satisfy demand!

:)
Being cynical, I would suggest it’s not impossible that a site called Teslaratti (or whatever ) is a bit upset after hearing the Taycan globally is outselling the Model S and X combined. A lot of Tesla sites and Youtube channels seem to have a lot riding on Tesla success and actively hate any other EV. It’s ridiculous. It’s not impossible that news like this could affect Taycan sales. The initial EPA range announcement for the car probably caused a lot of buyers to look elsewhere. That said, right now Orange Country CA has a LOT of Taycans rolling around our streets. Many other makes and models too at the charging stations. I’m glad to see them all, Tesla included!

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
If it is a Porsche employee (generally low-educated personnel), you cannot expect him/her to be able to collect the right kind of evidence. If they leave the factory they are being checked from top to bottom on taking things out of the factory. In contrast, the whistleblower at Facebook was one of the senior staff.
Lol, the FB whistleblower was not senior at all, just a regular worker. I work in big tech, you'd be surprised at what data and documents we have access to. Probably why the public hears about our internal announcements before us employees do :CWL:

In any case, I'd expect some form of data analysis or research to back up this claim even if we don't have evidence directly from Porsche. Maybe a real-world graph of charge rate to battery degradation based on owner reports, or look into financials to break down component cost. There is NOTHING, just pure conjecture and flawed assumptions (getting the Audi platform and the warranty terms wrong for instance). This is a trait I noticed among the TSLA fans/stockholders. At least $TSLAQ does analysis to back up their claims, even if the conclusions are sometimes wrong.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
The ridiculous logic used in some of these posts, and the paranoid/conspiracy biased commentary is either: 1) purposeful and FUD, or 2) ignorant whether on purpose or not.

So let's stop feeding the garbage posts.
Sponsored