Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The ridiculous logic used in some of these posts, and the paranoid/conspiracy biased commentary is either: 1) purposeful and FUD, or 2) ignorant whether on purpose or not.

So let's stop feeding the garbage posts.
Agree.
Sponsored

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Being cynical, I would suggest it’s not impossible that a site called Teslaratti (or whatever ) is a bit upset after hearing the Taycan globally is outselling the Model S and X combined. A lot of Tesla sites and Youtube channels seem to have a lot riding on Tesla success and actively hate any other EV. It’s ridiculous. It’s not impossible that news like this could affect Taycan sales. The initial EPA range announcement for the car probably caused a lot of buyers to look elsewhere. That said, right now Orange Country CA has a LOT of Taycans rolling around our streets. Many other makes and models too at the charging stations. I’m glad to see them all, Tesla included!
There is a large number of very vocal TSLA fans on Twitter that are very explicitly long $TSLA. For a while, Tesla was offering free roadsters after sending a certain number of referrals, so you saw journalists pumping their referral codes. Fred Lambert (Electrek) is an obvious one, I think he's eligible for 3 Roadsters now or something now? No advertising budget indeed.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is a world of difference between this and the Teslarati article. It's called journalistic standards. Wikipedia has a nice article on this.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Taycan: ending AQ also seen BK

Etron (non-GT) ending J

I am pretty sure they all share the same part AC ->400V and J1 platform uses the 400->800V booster to get it right for the 800V battery.
There are a lot of partnumbers for this part...for pre 2021 model...but i definitelly agree.

stillak

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
The writer posted a youtube video:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, not sure I've seen someone talk for that long without saying anything before. He sounds like every pathological liar I've ever met, coming up with flimsy excuses to explain his was out of any problems he runs into.
I bet Porsche legal got a hold of him.

Claiming they committed fraud and changed serial numbers is really serious charge.

He is about to learn that you can't hide behind "well, that is what some anonymous person told me".

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Wow, not sure I've seen someone talk for that long without saying anything before. He sounds like every pathological liar I've ever met, coming up with flimsy excuses to explain his was out of any problems he runs into.
I couldn't agree more. He rambles for almost 20 minutes and all I got from it was "I believe the article is true because I'm good at reading between the lines and I'd know if it wasn't."

Not exactly credible.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I couldn't agree more. He rambles for almost 20 minutes and all I got from it was "I believe the article is true because I'm good at reading between the lines and I'd know if it wasn't."

Not exactly credible.
If that is all he has, he may be in for a world of legal hurt for claiming Porsche committed fraud. I would guess that Porsche is trying to be extra squeaky clean and would not appreciate articles like this circulating around.

stillak

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Here is the warranty on the new GTS configurator in Canada:

Porsche Taycan Bizarre 'whistleblower' claims “60% of all delivered Taycan have battery issues that caused replacements, damages and fires” 1638834674078

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If that is all he has, he may be in for a world of legal hurt for claiming Porsche committed fraud. I would guess that Porsche is trying to be extra squeaky clean and would not appreciate articles like this circulating around.
At the very least he misrepresented the battery warranty.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At the very least he misrepresented the battery warranty.
Yeah, but to me that is such a minor piece that just shows he is either not capable or he is not honest.

He went to a whole other level by claiming that Porsche is assigning old serial numbers to new parts in order to hide the issue from customer. He claimed they are committing fraud and misleading the public.

I don't know the legal term, but I think it is "thems are fighting words" and "time to lawyer-up"
Sponsored