rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I also can recall some full battery pack issues, read it somewhere, saw a pic of the big shipping package, but never done silently for single modules or hiding information like stated in the article.
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Are you serious? Battery failure was a not uncommon issue and stated as “electrical failure” with the taycan being bricked and unable to move. Happened to several 2020s and the battery had to be fully replaced.
I am not being argumentative but yes I am serious. Electrical failures is general category, some were from the 12v battery drain downs, which confused the electronics. There were issues with "traction" fault which had to do with commUnitarian with rear drivetrain, but again not main traction battery. I honestly do not recall seeing any large number of traction battery fault/replacements. I am not saying they weren't any, but can you give a count of "several?"

Because if its something like 10 out of 10,000 cars shipped that would be a 0.1% failure, but if its 20 batteries out of 100 then its 20% and obviously something significant.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It was obvious clickbait BS. Completely unsourced with no proof other than "I believe the person who told me this" from the author.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
When you look at all the complaints about Taycan on this forum I suspect we would be well aware if there had been many battery problems!
Lots of upset about problems with favourite radio stations being lost would have paled into insignificance if 60% were bursting into flames or getting battery failures ?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I guess you guys don’t get it. The coverup worked.
I wouldn't be so sure. I've had to refute this 60% story multiple times to others that read about it. It had legs and he got a lot of engagement from it.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I mean, can anybody really prove that Porsche didn't just take all the defective Taycans and their owners, put them on the Ace Felicity, and set it ablaze? It's the perfect play. No bad reviews from owners, they can collect the insurance money to recover the costs, and nobody will ever find the defective Taycans at the bottom of the ocean!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I mean, can anybody really prove that Porsche didn't just take all the defective Taycans and their owners, put them on the Ace Felicity, and set it ablaze? It's the perfect play. No bad reviews from owners, they can collect the insurance money to recover the costs, and nobody will ever find the defective Taycans at the bottom of the ocean!
You cannot prove that they didn't teleport them into the sun either, or perhaps paid a billion euro to each owner to keep their mouth shut (who wouldn't take a billion euro to not post any negative reviews online?).

Isn't cancel culture great, guilty until proven innocent beyond any doubt.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If it did, it means all customers were happy with the resolution, meaning everyone who got a bad Taycan got sufficient compensation/payout to not report it anywhere. You almost wish to get one of the bad ones if it means you can name your price to stay quiet.
Sponsored