epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Good analysis. Only thing it’s missing is there were a fair number of battery failures and replacements far beyond the 12V issue in 2020 Taycan. They are all over the early forum.

also sample size of 1.

Dont get me wrong I think this guys is exaggerating. I just don’t think he is entirely fabricating.
i have been on this forum for two years and had one of the first taycan on the east coast. I don’t recall any number of traction battery replacements, which are you referring to?

the main issues were software related faults that were addressed.
Advertisement

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i have been on this forum for two years and had one of the first taycan on the east coast. I don’t recall any number of traction battery replacements, which are you referring to?

the main issues were software related faults that were addressed.
Are you serious? Battery failure was a not uncommon issue and stated as “electrical failure” with the taycan being bricked and unable to move. Happened to several 2020s and the battery had to be fully replaced.

rs38

Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8,i3,
Country flag
I also can recall some full battery pack issues, read it somewhere, saw a pic of the big shipping package, but never done silently for single modules or hiding information like stated in the article.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Are you serious? Battery failure was a not uncommon issue and stated as “electrical failure” with the taycan being bricked and unable to move. Happened to several 2020s and the battery had to be fully replaced.
I am not being argumentative but yes I am serious. Electrical failures is general category, some were from the 12v battery drain downs, which confused the electronics. There were issues with "traction" fault which had to do with commUnitarian with rear drivetrain, but again not main traction battery. I honestly do not recall seeing any large number of traction battery fault/replacements. I am not saying they weren't any, but can you give a count of "several?"

Because if its something like 10 out of 10,000 cars shipped that would be a 0.1% failure, but if its 20 batteries out of 100 then its 20% and obviously something significant.

Advertisement

SRM Autosports
Advertisement