JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I drive from Dallas to OKC, I cannot get there despite starting with 100% charge. I arrive at the Moore, OK Walmart on "fumes". I never said the entire article was true; the points about the battery and charging management are a reality for me.
[/QUOTE]
Battery degradation is always a potential reality.
If it's a warranty claim your dealer will check the capacity of the battery to see if it falls within spec. The procedure is defined. The warranty terms aren't great but it doesn't have anything to do with this article.
Sponsored

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
When I drive from Dallas to OKC, I cannot get there despite starting with 100% charge. I arrive at the Moore, OK Walmart on "fumes". I never said the entire article was true; the points about the battery and charging management are a reality for me.
That's 205 miles on the highway. Depending on temperature, driving speeds, and wind, it's not unreasonable to only see 205 miles of range.

You may indeed have some battery degradation, but again that is completely different than what is claimed in the article.

What was your miles / kWh on that drive? You should be able to look at your Taycan app of find the results from your history.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Actually, it is perfectly comfortable to act as a GT-like highway cruiser for multi-hour trips. Not only the ride and the seats are very comfortable, also the near-silence is amazingly relaxing.
Thank you. Getting more and more confident that I went for the right choice.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I came here to post the same thing.

It doesn't seem "inventive" however.. this is a problem that was difficult to solve. Similar issues with early Tesla Model S / X and the charging logic (dictated by the onboard charger). It does seem relevant, although short on evidence.
I did but got removed

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Recommendation: modify the destination SoC from automatic to a reasonable figure like 25% or so. This will probably add a short stop at the Ardmore charger and you'll arrive without being so close to the redline.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You could claim its libelous. But what are your damages.? Comments from some nobody Teslarites wrecked sales?
When an article shows up at the top of a Google search for "Taycan Battery", I believe a reasonable jury would say it had a negative impact. As for claiming damages, there are enough "experts" who could estimate a brand damage to at least get this to not be dismissed out of hand.

Maybe rather than damages, the goal could be to get the article retracted and cost them a fortune in legal fees, and have people understand they are not a reliable source of news.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Pretty levelheaded responses. Anyone that's been around Tesla long enough knows how many smear jobs there have been in online "media".

The claim unto itself is nuts to me. If it were 60% of batteries having issues, this place would be crawling with consumers reporting major issues and someone other than an anonymous Porsche insider would have spilled the beans. There would likely be lots of very upset dealerships as well and not enough man hours to make the repairs at these dealerships. It would be a coverup conspiracy bigger than dieselgate considering just how many individual players would have to be involved.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I was surprised to read most of the reactions and comments in German Tesla Forum were quite skeptic and disbelieve. May be many have a good technical understanding and saw how much BS there was written.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I was at Silverstone Porsche Driving Experience Centre yesterday - fabulous half day putting a CT through it's paces on all kinds of terrain. In talking to my Porsche driving instructor, who has been there over 2 years, driving Taycans all day long most days, I mentioned this subject and he told me that he cannot recall any serious or ongoing issues of a battery/ tech nature since he's been there - illustrated by the fact they have ONE technician on site looking after over 200 cars. He had no axe to grind as was leaving soon for a new job.
I think someone like that would have known .................

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This article – based on the original one – is making the recommendation that Taycan owners only DC charge from now on.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ycan-battery-issues-on-60-of-cars-175504.html
Yea, from everything we know (strip all the hype and FUD), there is some issue with the 22KW 3-phase charger when used on a single phase mode. Consistent with Porsche warning to limit the single phase charging to 6KW. If this was Tesla, there would have been an non-optional OTA which would have limited the charge rate instead of telling customers, but Porsche is not the wild west, Agile Continuous Integration, "ship it now, fix it over-the-air, pay for hardware fix only if we have to" [actual Elon quote] type company, at least not yet. I hope they never become one, but in cases like this, they should just OTA a limit and schedule a charger hardware replacement for full 7KW rate or offer pay some compensation for folks who purchased a 22KW 3 phase, 7KW 1 phase charger, which turns out to be only 6KW capable.
Sponsored