andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
He only had an hour with the car so it’s quick and incomplete....

It made me more comfortable with my decision to go with the Taycan.

Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't know why people say they love the back of it. To me it just looks bad. Reminds me of ass implants on women. The way how the rear light streches around the edges.. Visually alone I am more than happy for going Taycan.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Taycan looks better but e-tron has 3 big (in my opinion) advantages compared to Taycan:
- Physical buttons for climate settings
- Physical button to open the frunk (video at 10:14) (this is so nice when your 12v battery is dead)
- Normal door handles that don't retract.

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Taycan looks better but e-tron has 3 big (in my opinion) advantages compared to Taycan:
- Physical buttons for climate settings
- Physical button to open the frunk (video at 10:14) (this is so nice when your 12v battery is dead)
- Normal door handles that don't retract.
I agree on your first point. The button to open the frunk is electronic. It may be a button, but it’s not going to work without 12v. Re the handles, I suspect some prefer each style. I personally like the retracting handles.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree on your first point. The button to open the frunk is electronic. It may be a button, but it’s not going to work without 12v. Re the handles, I suspect some prefer each style. I personally like the retracting handles.
My daily problem with the handles is by the time I buckled my kid to the rear seat, the driver handle has retracted and it does not extend as I approach it. I have to put my finger under the handle and wait, sometimes even retry a few times. I wouldn't have this problem with normal handles. It is not a problem when I am alone.

#firstworldproblems

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My daily problem with the handles is by the time I buckled my kid to the rear seat, the driver handle has retracted and it does not extend as I approach it. I have to put my finger under the handle and wait, sometimes even retry a few times. I wouldn't have this problem with normal handles. It is not a problem when I am alone.

#firstworldproblems
I’ve hears of a few kids getting their fingers squished by the retracting handles on the Model S.

Have you tried - opening your door (just a little), then opening the rear door to put in the kid? I suspect with the door ajar the handles will stay up. Or the reverse - don’t close the back door all the way until you’ve opened the front.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

#firstworldproblems
You can just pull the handle when it's closed, FWIW. It does in fact work like a normal handle if you want, it doesn't have to be extended to open.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can just pull the handle when it's closed, FWIW. It does in fact work like a normal handle if you want, it doesn't have to be extended to open.
This doesn't work all the times. It seems I am hitting some bug/edge case that the software does not cover well.The problem is not mechanical, it is in the algorithm that controls the handles. It happens when the car stays unlocked for long enough and handles retract, then sometimes it takes several retries to open the door.

Anyway, this thread is for Audi and I am glad they have left some physical controls in place for the simple daily needs.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I strongly dislike the interior. Never been a big fan of Audi interiors and this one in particular just looks ugly to me.

And say what you will about physical buttons but it looks much nicer without them.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There are quite a few reviews available now, but my main improvement compared with Taycan is the high resolution back up camera. That would be nice if we could get an upgrade!

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are quite a few reviews available now, but my main improvement compared with Taycan is the high resolution back up camera. That would be nice if we could get an upgrade!
I would thumbs up twice if I could. It’s possible the software update could make it better.