Black and chalk interior....and is full leather a must?

Mile2424

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (coming soon)
Country flag
Convince me why I should get this interior combo?! I’ve seen pics and it looks great. Just trying to decide between this interior and black or slate grey for a few cars I’m looking at. Any comments or pics. Would love to see.

Also, surprised by how many cars out there don’t have full leather. I think it makes the interior feel so much more premium especially on a car of this level. Does anyone think the standard interior still looks and feels premium? I’m worried about the pebbled feeling faux leather door panels and upper dash.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Convince me why I should get this interior combo?! I’ve seen pics and it looks great. Just trying to decide between this interior and black or slate grey for a few cars I’m looking at. Any comments or pics. Would love to see.

Also, surprised by how many cars out there don’t have full leather. I think it makes the interior feel so much more premium especially on a car of this level. Does anyone think the standard interior still looks and feels premium? I’m worried about the pebbled feeling faux leather door panels and upper dash.
What do you mean by "full leather" is that an option in the US? We have leather, vegan, or Olea leather in Europe.

I don't like the non-leather interior and I've seen both black and olea black leather side by side. Not that big of a difference. Olea has an olive oil based treatment and has less structure when you look at it.

Only difference with olea is that the backrest of your seat is also covered in leather.

OP
OP

Mile2424

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (coming soon)
Country flag
Standard interior vs the leather interior. Leather interior having the extra leather on the upper door panels and dash with the extra stitching.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Absolutely get the Olea leather. Looks better than any leather I've seen, and really gives the interior a premium look. Plastic seatbacks don't belong in a $200K car...

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I have Gentian Blue with extended Crayon leather interior, plus Crayon seatbelts, plus the glass roof - all these make an otherwise dull, plasticky interior look more up-market.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What do you mean by "full leather" is that an option in the US? We have leather, vegan, or Olea leather in Europe.

I don't like the non-leather interior and I've seen both black and olea black leather side by side. Not that big of a difference. Olea has an olive oil based treatment and has less structure when you look at it.

Only difference with olea is that the backrest of your seat is also covered in leather.
'Full leather' is called Extended Leather - dashboard, upper door etc. - add to this the additional items that can be covered in leather if you go wild on the configurator.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag

The standard interior looks and feels ok. In order to keep the price as low as possible, you can live well with the standard interior.

It depends what you have driven before - if it was a Porsche with Full Leather, so IMHO you will regret it not having taken Full Leather.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The standard interior looks and feels ok. In order to keep the price as low as possible, you can live well with the standard interior.

It depends what you have driven before - if it was a Porsche with Full Leather, so IMHO you will regret it not having taken Full Leather.
+2. Full leather FOR SURE. I have it. I'm in a 4S loaner now with standard limestone and it definetely feels and looks cheaper than leather. Seats, airbag, dash, door panels, etc... are not smooth and some surfaces are leatherette.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
+3
Sponsored