Black emblem

dweeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan
Country flag
So I went by Suncoast Parts today hoping they’d have some stuff in stock (I know real hopeful). Of course most items are a few weeks out right now so I decided to plastidip my emblem for now while I wait for the gloss one I ordered to show up.

It took about 2 hours as I took my time and wanted it to look right. I’m happy with how it came out. Can’t wait for the real deal!

Porsche Taycan Black emblem 754AE911-40DD-43EE-9542-86654E5D9248
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Nice. FWIW I planned to pickup some parts at Suncoast while there for a friends GT3RS delivery. They charge $4.50 for pickup - told me it was better to order online for best pricing and shipping. (My last order shipped free)

OP
OP
dweeb

dweeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan
Country flag
Nice. FWIW I planned to pickup some parts at Suncoast while there for a friends GT3RS delivery. They charge $4.50 for pickup - told me it was better to order online for best pricing and shipping. (My last order shipped free)
Thanks. My order is for local pickup. I had hoped to luck out is all. ?

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
I'm doing the same on my Turbo; ordered from Suncoast. I've never done this before but I am fairly handy. Do you have any tips or tricks, or can you suggest a good tutorial online?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
When I updated my chrome to black, it was very easy. First I put down some painters tape along the bottom, left & right of the existing emblem as a point of reference. If your not spacially challenged you may be able to skip this step but it doesn’t hurt.

Then we replaced each emblem individually. Heat it up a bit with a hairdryer, then gently use some dental floss to get between the 3M adhesive & the paint. Most of the adhesive came off with the emblem, but a little more heat & rolling action with your fingers should remove any excess. Worst case apply a little Goo Gone & rinse with clear water. Then dry the area & apply the emblem in line with the remaining factory emblems. Repeat for the other emblems (depending on your model).

I did enlist the aid of my wife to line everything up, because I am no good at making things straight or level. :)
Sponsored