captainlk

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve realized that I don’t hate washing a car, I hate drying a car………but damn does it look great clean.

F3FE7080-26BF-444E-B337-A13FC0DAC42F.jpeg
1C6A1FC9-5960-4223-A0F2-C9DCD0D632CC.jpeg
FEE0D0BF-EC39-4DB4-A6C7-2117080B404C.jpeg
06E86FFC-5DE1-4639-B8A4-81ACBF1C5D2F.jpeg
68FCBA58-DCA6-4AB1-B490-ED7EA9FE21AB.jpeg
0E7F5EC8-BC72-4E3D-BE83-7122C740AB9E.jpeg
B552BC08-752F-4FFF-9443-61F6A056DF05.jpeg
832DF684-AEA1-42F8-A4CA-A24C27521627.jpeg
33560A49-559F-43F0-864E-88A7F2823C1A.jpeg
This is how I specced my newly ordered taycan to look except with white calipers. Anything you'd change?

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
My Taycan 4S - XPEL Stealth wrapped , CQuartz Finest Reserve, and some other things completed by OCDetailing in Fremont, CA

Thanks for sharing.
I'm considering doing Xpel Stealth on my black Taycan as well, but I'm not that convinced yet. Looks good, but I don't know if it sometimes it gives you the look that it's dirty because of the satin finish?

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for sharing.
I'm considering doing Xpel Stealth on my black Taycan as well, but I'm not that convinced yet. Looks good, but I don't know if it sometimes it gives you the look that it's dirty because of the satin finish?
Mine is going in for XPEL in a week or two.
Some colors it looks really good....... its borderline looking kinda overdone on others. I like what one person on here commented.... "Kinda d-bag looking"....... overdone.
The gloss black color on this car just looks so good on its own.......
just my $0.02.........

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is going in for XPEL in a week or two.
Some colors it looks really good....... its borderline looking kinda overdone on others. I like what one person on here commented.... "Kinda d-bag looking"....... overdone.
The gloss black color on this car just looks so good on its own.......
just my $0.02.........
We do Xpel at my workplace.

So I would get amazing price on either regular gloss / stealth. I do love satin finish, but on black cars I honestly don't feel it would look that good compared to other colors. So just leaning towards gloss black, especially after your two cents.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
We do Xpel at my workplace.

So I would get amazing price on either regular gloss / stealth. I do love satin finish, but on black cars I honestly don't feel it would look that good compared to other colors. So just leaning towards gloss black, especially after your two cents.
Just out of curiousity- what is your amazing price? Are you at a dealership? And for front or whole car?
The reason I ask is my SA just asked who was doing my PPF, and when I told him how much he said "Oh shoot, we can't compete with that." You're in the Bay Area? I called around (one in Fremont), and Bay Area seems to be about $1000 more for front PPF than here in Sacramento area.

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just out of curiousity- what is your amazing price? Are you at a dealership? And for front or whole car?
The reason I ask is my SA just asked who was doing my PPF, and when I told him how much he said "Oh shoot, we can't compete with that." You're in the Bay Area? I called around (one in Fremont), and Bay Area seems to be about $1000 more for front PPF than here in Sacramento area.
I'll DM you.

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thanks for sharing.
I almost changed my mind right before, but I'm still loving the wrap and I think it looks pretty subtle on the Taycan in black especially. Most people just think it looks like the bat mobile.

I find it much easier to keep the car looking clean, I feel like the matte helps hide if its not perfectly clean a little easier. My last car was gloss black and even though I had it ceramic coated, if it wasn't perfectly clean, it was very noticeable. Granted the last few years it hasn't been raining as much in the bay, the pollen/road dust get all over even the rest of the year.

I also try to do my part with water conservation and hate having to wash the car very frequently and I find maintaining the ceramic/matte look pretty easy with just detail spray/no rinse wash combo, so no regrets on my part still after almost a year of having the car wrapped.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
I almost changed my mind right before, but I'm still loving the wrap and I think it looks pretty subtle on the Taycan in black especially. Most people just think it looks like the bat mobile.

I find it much easier to keep the car looking clean, I feel like the matte helps hide if its not perfectly clean a little easier. My last car was gloss black and even though I had it ceramic coated, if it wasn't perfectly clean, it was very noticeable. Granted the last few years it hasn't been raining as much in the bay, the pollen/road dust get all over even the rest of the year.

I also try to do my part with water conservation and hate having to wash the car very frequently and I find maintaining the ceramic/matte look pretty easy with just detail spray/no rinse wash combo, so no regrets on my part still after almost a year of having the car wrapped.
I am getting stealth Xpel on mine done before delivery. If I were back in SoCal, I would probably leave it in gloss - I almost NEVER had to wash my car when living there.
Now when in Sweden - not so much. The weather is rarely good for more than a couple of days straight, and I agree with you, the satin finish covers that first dirt MUCH better. Glad to hear you are still happy with it!

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Appreciate your feedback. Do you mind sharing some photos of how it currently looks?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Had the car a week now- just got back from front PPF and tinting done. Car is working wonderfully and minimal if any software bugs.
Thanks to all on here for help along the way and sharing in the anticipation and excitement!

20220118_121125.jpg

20220118_121222.jpg

20220118_121247.jpg

20220118_121333.jpg
Love the red belts.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Hard to beat black!

Porsche has produced many amazing design/colour combinations, so it’s not as though Black is the only legit choice. Moreover, I have some sympathy for the view that the Taycan‘s lines are shown at their best by light colours.

Interesting to note that Black was FA Porsche’s favourite colour. https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_AU/...0-years-anniversary-911-s-24-targa-27110.html

So, in 50 years’ time when Porsche produces a tribute model to the first Taycan, they will return to their most timeless colour: Black.
Sponsored