mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
did not think I needed it with Lane Change Assist and now that I see the price of just under $400 with my LCA and auto-diming I really don't think I need it ....

hopefully someone that bought it can give you their thoughts.....

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Matt Farrah of The Smoking Tire just mentioned these on his latest review of the GTS. He said he had been driving German market press cars around LA that come equipped with these, and said they are well worth while. I think he said he been driving a 992 for weeks with them. Said one of the best "cheap" mods you can do and super worthwhile. I had looked for them right after he had mentioned them but couldn't find them because it looked like they were grouped with 992 stuff.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
I ordered one for my as yet to be delivered CT4. I’ll try to remember to leave feedback here when I install it.

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I picked up a driver side aspherical mirror on a recent trip to Germany. Install is 15 min and dead easy. A second set of hands can be useful, though are not required. I agree with Matt that it is a useful upgrade. Yes, it's the better part of $500, but heck most of us paid $500 for electric sport sounds. You don't technically need it with LCA but actually seeing what is going on still beats the orange lights when it comes to awareness. I suspect whether you consider it worth it depends on your priorities and driving habits.
I didn't have the time to determine if the german market cars have aspherical passenger side mirrors as well, that's a project for another time.

OP
OP
dickp

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I picked up a driver side aspherical mirror on a recent trip to Germany. Install is 15 min and dead easy. A second set of hands can be useful, though are not required. I agree with Matt that it is a useful upgrade. Yes, it's the better part of $500, but heck most of us paid $500 for electric sport sounds. You don't technically need it with LCA but actually seeing what is going on still beats the orange lights when it comes to awareness. I suspect whether you consider it worth it depends on your priorities and driving habits.
I didn't have the time to determine if the german market cars have aspherical passenger side mirrors as well, that's a project for another time.
Does it still have the LCA lights?

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does it still have the LCA lights?
Yes, the only change is in the mirror surface. The lights and auto dimming is what makes the mirror glass expensive in my case. There are a ton of different versions of the mirror glass. Make sure you order the right one. It's fairly easy on the suncoast site.

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
Yes, the only change is in the mirror surface. The lights and auto dimming is what makes the mirror glass expensive in my case. There are a ton of different versions of the mirror glass. Make sure you order the right one. It's fairly easy on the suncoast site.
I just pick up my ST and found out that i forogt to add auto dimming mirrors:facepalm: .... do you think i can upgrade with that function as well? Or a special wireing is added for it??

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Is this not standard - it is in UK / Europe?

Check your standard spec sheet where this will be mentioned.
I can’t tell.. please anyone from Europe, please tell me this is default?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I can’t tell.. please anyone from Europe, please tell me this is default?
Stick your build code into the Porsche configurator. Then click the standard features tab at bottom. Should say there.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Did you bother to look?

From the Belgian configurator, standard fit:

1669467804631.png

1669468008885.png