Blinking display and other issues

Taycanlovehate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Like others I first started experiencing the blinking passenger display about a week after getting the car. Problems seem to show up most with someone sitting in the passenger seat. I could temporarily disable the passenger display to stop the visual headache only to have it start again it rechecks standby and ON boxes on its own. Finally went away after we both exited the car locking and unlocking a couple of times.

Today, a week later from first problem with passenger display, I had someone in the passenger seat this time the primary center display started blinking in CarPlay and was stuck unless I exited car play. If I went back into car play same blinking. This time we also received warning passenger air bag enabled out of nowhere. That was weird and a little worrisome. Again, we both got out of the car locked it unlocked it a couple of times and it stabilized.

Lots of quirky electrical/software problems which seemed to get worse with 2020 update (my vehicle received one of the first software updates, maybe that’s the problem) especially CarPlay which has difficulty working wirelessly. It has trouble first connecting and the signal goes in and out trying to reconnect multiple times. It won’t reliably bring up any channels or favorites often have to play with it or wait 10 minutes for it to stabilize and start working it’s very wonky. The small display right of center behind the steering wheel occasionally will not upload media content and displays “can't upload media content” again resolved by getting out of the car locking and unlocking a couple of times.

Porsche Mgmt and dealer says no reports of display issues even though they are listed on forum. Dealer offered to pick up car may wait until they have better experience with vehicle or more reports rather than let them poke around or just assume they are not being truthful.

Taycan not ready for primetime. .In short love the car hate the electronics very wonky expect more from a 150k car.

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the passenger screen option on my Taycan 4S and had it blink in a very similar way for about 15 min on a trip about a week after getting the car. Then never happened again in nearly 4 months. I write it off as a momentary software glitch. Hope yours disappears quickly and permanently also or Porsche can diagnose it.

OP
OP

Taycanlovehate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the passenger screen option on my Taycan 4S and had it blink in a very similar way for about 15 min on a trip about a week after getting the car. Then never happened again in nearly 4 months. I write it off as a momentary software glitch. Hope yours disappears quickly and permanently also or Porsche can diagnose it.
lets hope, love the car just hate the glitches. Thanks for the reply and optimism ?

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Like others I first started experiencing the blinking passenger display about a week after getting the car. Problems seem to show up most with someone sitting in the passenger seat. I could temporarily disable the passenger display to stop the visual headache only to have it start again it rechecks standby and ON boxes on its own. Finally went away after we both exited the car locking and unlocking a couple of times.

Today, a week later from first problem with passenger display, I had someone in the passenger seat this time the primary center display started blinking in CarPlay and was stuck unless I exited car play. If I went back into car play same blinking. This time we also received warning passenger air bag enabled out of nowhere. That was weird and a little worrisome. Again, we both got out of the car locked it unlocked it a couple of times and it stabilized.

Lots of quirky electrical/software problems which seemed to get worse with 2020 update (my vehicle received one of the first software updates, maybe that’s the problem) especially CarPlay which has difficulty working wirelessly. It has trouble first connecting and the signal goes in and out trying to reconnect multiple times. It won’t reliably bring up any channels or favorites often have to play with it or wait 10 minutes for it to stabilize and start working it’s very wonky. The small display right of center behind the steering wheel occasionally will not upload media content and displays “can't upload media content” again resolved by getting out of the car locking and unlocking a couple of times.

Porsche Mgmt and dealer says no reports of display issues even though they are listed on forum. Dealer offered to pick up car may wait until they have better experience with vehicle or more reports rather than let them poke around or just assume they are not being truthful.

Taycan not ready for primetime. .In short love the car hate the electronics very wonky expect more from a 150k car.

I have the ongoing blanking display issue too. I have not figured out any pattern yet. Like you, even if the display is checked "off," at times it still comes on and starts blinking.

My dealership opened a tech-line (?) with Germany to figure it out. No update. (previously, my dealer replaced the entire display - did not fix it).

I also initiated a case with PCNA - They investigated and told me that my dealer was working on the issue - they aren't. I am escalating the issue with PCNA. There is definitely a software conflict somewhere that could turn into a serious safety issue - additionally, with this bug, the car's value is seriously diminished.

Let me know if you want to connect and join forces to deal with PCNA/Germany on this issue.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I have the ongoing blanking display issue too. I have not figured out any pattern yet. Like you, even if the display is checked "off," at times it still comes on and starts blinking.

My dealership opened a tech-line (?) with Germany to figure it out. No update. (previously, my dealer replaced the entire display - did not fix it).

I also initiated a case with PCNA - They investigated and told me that my dealer was working on the issue - they aren't. I am escalating the issue with PCNA. There is definitely a software conflict somewhere that could turn into a serious safety issue - additionally, with this bug, the car's value is seriously diminished.

Let me know if you want to connect and join forces to deal with PCNA/Germany on this issue.
My car has this same issue / was there a fix for this?

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haven’t found a fix yet.
Anyone else find a fix?
My car has been at the dealer for a week now nothing yet. I will let you know what happens.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else is still having this issue but my dealer fixed the issue. It was a bad wiring harness.
Sponsored