epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Vents behind the wheels in the fender, post brakes, will do nothing for brake cooling. The fender vents are strictly for aero improvement.
I sit corrected! Thanks.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No problem :fist bump:

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Its a good question - I picked mine up yesterday and I have the manual covers....and the "gap" which has already picked up gunk! If anyone finds a solution which works - please let the forum know. Thanks
a simpler solution is to buy one of those CO2 canister cans used to clean keyboards and blow air in the gunk, opposite direction of the normal airflow. That clear your vents in no time, and you can also use it to flush blocked water drains below the wipers of your car spends any time outside collecting dirt

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a simpler solution is to buy one of those CO2 canister cans used to clean keyboards and blow air in the gunk, opposite direction of the normal airflow. That clear your vents in no time, and you can also use it to flush blocked water drains below the wipers of your car spends any time outside collecting dirt
Or use a leaf blower. Ive been using one for years - really helps with cleaning intercooler tracts as well on 911 turbos.

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Those are solutions for cleaning the vents, which are great.

What about the best / recommended solution to seal the vents so debris does not hit the paint on the other side of the vents? People on this forum have different solutions, so I am wondering what is the best option.

I am having the full front of the car ppfd but I would rather not ppf that area on the doors, it will become unsightly over time if it’s a smaller piece not covering the full door.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would simply order the standard Porche vent covers that come with the powered charging door. You'll see them every time you get into your car, so I'd want something that is/looks OEM.

On a related subject, I believe the 'vents' are more of a styling feature than a practical aerodynamic advantage. After two years, I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that the 'open' vent gives any meaningful range advantage over the closed vent. You can find a number of sites that list the range or Cd differences due to different tires/wheels, but not one that shows the difference between open and closed vents. I suspect there is no practical advantage of open vents in terms of range, but there is definitely a slight disadvantage in terms of car maintenance.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would simply order the standard Porche vent covers that come with the powered charging door. You'll see them every time you get into your car, so I'd want something that is/looks OEM.
+2. As I mentioned as well.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
I have just compared my Taycan with a friends, we both have similar specs except he ordered the manual door covers to the charging sockets.
On my car the air flow vents under the socket between the wheel arch and the front of the door are solid, yet on his these are open all the way through and they collect muck and small stones thrown up by the tyres,
Can these vents be blocked off in anyway as I see that the small stones pinging through could cause more damage to the door paintwork?
There have been many who have posted on this subject. I have attempted to read all of them but may have missed some. My question to the forum on this topic is has anyone actually sustained any damage to the door's painted surfaces as a result of debris coming through the vents?

I don't doubt there appears to be a risk of damage and to address the risk, I too have installed high density foam plus in the slots.

Sharing any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored