Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wow. It's a shame it has taken an NHTSA investigation to do the right thing here. As mentioned in the previous post, this happened to our car two and a half months after the WMA5 software up-date, so it's a problem lurking in the system. Predictably, my dealer had no idea that anyone had an issue with this, and no knowledge about a software patch.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would be surprised if not - normally these fixes are patched directly on new builds is available in time. Your dealer will know.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My dealer told me recently there is a software update coming in a few weeks for MY21.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
N
There is no indication that the recall/fix would not have happened without the investigation.
No, but it's suspicious timing given that the issues have been documented for a long time now, yet news of the recall is only a week after the investigation was launched. Not saying there is any evidence, but just saying.

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
N

No, but it's suspicious timing given that the issues have been documented for a long time now, yet news of the recall is only a week after the investigation was launched. Not saying there is any evidence, but just saying.
That is actually evidence that the fix was already in the work. Simply validating the software takes a lot more time.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That is actually evidence that the fix was already in the work. Simply validating the software takes a lot more time.
The "fix" was already out there, hence the number of US posters who have had the up-date to the up-date. What is new is the recall. That makes it even worse - we know there's a problem, we have a fix, but we're not going to roll it out. From a purely economics point of view that makes sense - how much would it cost to recall ALL Taycans for a software up-date that takes who knows how long v how many lawsuits are we going to suffer. However, from an ethical point of view it sucks. The cost-benefit analysis immediately changes once a regulator gets involved, especially when you are VW and already in the bad books.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Glad there's some recognition of this outside of forums and dealerships and in broader media. Also very thankful that no one has gotten hurt, or worse, over this...many on this very platform could have.

I'm biased towards Porsche because I love their products and problems happen but they need to be owned, not just in terms of doing the obvious right thing asap and informing your customers about it asap etc but also in terms of getting ahead of how the eventual narrative will be shaped.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Glad there's some recognition of this outside of forums and dealerships and in broader media. Also very thankful that no one has gotten hurt, or worse, over this...many on this very platform could have.

I'm biased towards Porsche because I love their products and problems happen but they need to be owned, not just in terms of doing the obvious right thing asap and informing your customers about it asap etc but also in terms of getting ahead of how the eventual narrative will be shaped.
Hate to be a downer but honestly if someone had gotten killed from this issue, they wouldn't be around to post on the forums... :(

On the plus side I didn't see anyone reporting any actual accidents due to this issue, just some close calls.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.