BMW i4 M50

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I cancelled my i4 M50 order and got the Taycan GTS instead. Im happy with my decision. Saw an i4 the other day on the road and it doesnt have the same effect as the taycan

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
To be honest I’d have happily moved from Audi to the i40, but now I’ve landed on Porsche I don’t think there’s any going back.

can’t have the neighbours talking about a downgrade now can I!

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Actually I should have researched on here more before posting. Just seen someone else’s review, I couldn’t live with the rear seat space and in actual pics (opposed to the cgi bmw website ones) it looks like any other 3 series.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Actually I should have researched on here more before posting. Just seen someone else’s review, I couldn’t live with the rear seat space and in actual pics (opposed to the cgi bmw website ones) it looks like any other 3 series.
It also drives bad on heavy acceleration. during my test drive, I felt it wiggles under heavy acceleration. Taycan is rock solid, it’s like a train

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
BMW design language today is garbage. Only the current M5 looks decent - I'll take my E39 M5 over any of them.

PA4022

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate, 205 GTI, Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I test drove one too but it was a no-brainer to go for the Porsche.

It was fast in a straight line, but drove like any other normal car, no better grip than my current Golf, and bounced around on the A-roads. Whereas The Taycan felt like a proper sports car.

Interior was effectively the same as my wife's 2 series gran-coupe.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
This eases my worry about “should I have saved 30k and had a more client-facing-friendly car for business”. Thanks all :)

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
BMW design language today is garbage. Only the current M5 looks decent - I'll take my E39 M5 over any of them.
No kidding. I don't think "garbage" captures the full extent of the crime.
I wonder whether the designers in charge realize just how badly they shat the bed.

There's a long list of older bimmers that have their loyal fans. I doubt anything in the last decade will have any real following. Personally, I'm partial to the e92 m3. Both engine and design are right up my alley. I shouldn't have sold her.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
No kidding. I don't think "garbage" captures the full extent of the crime.
I wonder whether the designers in charge realize just how badly they shat the bed.

There's a long list of older bimmers that have their loyal fans. I doubt anything in the last decade will have any real following. Personally, I'm partial to the e92 m3. Both engine and design are right up my alley. I shouldn't have sold her.
I shouldn't have sold my manual E46 M3! Seriously though, what they have been pumping out lately haven't/will not age well at all.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This eases my worry about “should I have saved 30k and had a more client-facing-friendly car for business”. Thanks all :)
I was actually one of those who ordered one and then cancelled my order a couple of months later after test drive was available and I could try the car. So yeah it’s really not the best handling for this power.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Haven’t read about these before but honestly if these were available now I think I’d be sorely tempted to save 30k vs my 4S build and get one. Maybe next car!

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/ip58ji2m
I looked into one on the configurator before ordering my Taycan, since they have a lovely green option and plenty of non-black interiors but you can't get one without privacy glass, so I didn't bother with a demo.

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
It’s amazing how any other configurator now doesn’t even feel like a configurator. You get four or five options and it doesn’t feel as though you’re doing any personalisation at all! One of my favourite parts of the whole buying experience has been the configurator. Maybe the only good part actually, hahaha….

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Yeh I went through the bmw one last night and thought I'd missed something - playing with the Porsche one is great but must admit it was a less stressful buying process with limited options.

The other difference is that my the time I'd chosen the M Sport model the majority of the options were automatically included
Sponsored